Nissan Titan Forum banner

Why did they go to mechanical fans?

1047 10
Like the title states I am wondering why nissan went to mechanical fans on the new titans? I dont know if they started it in 2010 or what but my 2011 is a mechanical fan, no more electric one. Anyone know why?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,604 Posts
hmm....i didnt know they had electric fans. my 08 and 2010 are both mechanical

· Registered
989 Posts
All Titans up to 2011 (maybe 2010) have a mechanical engine fan and an electric A/C / transmission cooler fan. In 2010 or 2011 MY, they got rid of the A/C / transmission cooler fan.

· Registered
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, i must've been on crack when i looked in my old titan and thought there was only an electric fan. I never heard it like i do now, but then again i was running an intake and exhaust for a long time on that truck.

· Premium Member
574 Posts
Don't know why they deleted the A/C electric cooler fan, but like yours my 2010 only has the mechanical fan. It is loud as hell too on cold take off.

· Registered
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't know why they deleted the A/C electric cooler fan, but like yours my 2010 only has the mechanical fan. It is loud as hell too on cold take off.
Ya it is!!!

· Registered
6,387 Posts
I'm only guessing here, but Nissan might have figured they could save some coin be axing the the aux e-fan...they could have changed the clutch fans lock-up logic to try and make up for the loss....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.