Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states I am wondering why nissan went to mechanical fans on the new titans? I dont know if they started it in 2010 or what but my 2011 is a mechanical fan, no more electric one. Anyone know why?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
hmm....i didnt know they had electric fans. my 08 and 2010 are both mechanical

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 05 and 10 are mechanical. Don't think they come anyway different. Sucks cuz you could get a few more hp and some more gas mph. But it is a easy mod.

·
Registered
989 Posts
All Titans up to 2011 (maybe 2010) have a mechanical engine fan and an electric A/C / transmission cooler fan. In 2010 or 2011 MY, they got rid of the A/C / transmission cooler fan.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I thought somebody posted that they ditched the secondary electric fan. AFAIK, the main fan has always been mechanical. In fact one of the early drag race fanatics modded to run electric fans.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, i must've been on crack when i looked in my old titan and thought there was only an electric fan. I never heard it like i do now, but then again i was running an intake and exhaust for a long time on that truck.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Don't know why they deleted the A/C electric cooler fan, but like yours my 2010 only has the mechanical fan. It is loud as hell too on cold take off.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know why they deleted the A/C electric cooler fan, but like yours my 2010 only has the mechanical fan. It is loud as hell too on cold take off.
Ya it is!!!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I'm only guessing here, but Nissan might have figured they could save some coin be axing the the aux e-fan...they could have changed the clutch fans lock-up logic to try and make up for the loss....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts