Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've gotten that question alot since I've owned my titan. Its usually a ford or chevy guy. I laugh and ask him where there truck was made and they don't know. Mexico or canada is where their made. But my truck was made in Mississippi . ;-):bangit:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've gotten that question alot since I've owned my titan. Its usually a ford or chevy guy. I laugh and ask him where there truck was made and they don't know. Mexico or canada is where their made. But my truck was made in cleveland Ohio. ;-):bangit:
The Titan is made the exact same way as any other full size: of Mexican and Chinese parts assembled in various locations. Some parts may be USA made, and in the case of the Titan, it's assembled in USA.

The better question is, why did that ignoramous give his money to an "American" company that practices outsourcing?

I'd rather buy a Japanese made Subaru than a Mexican made Chevy. Why? Because I don't want to justify ANY money into the pocket of an American CEO/Corporation that practices outsourcing. If it has a USA name, it MUST be USA made in my book.

Same goes for tools, I'd rather buy Harbor Freight than Black and Decker. They are made in the same factory in China, but with Black and Decker you pay to justify Americans taking away American jobs. I hate the Big 3. And The US gov't, and US corporation because they are running the USA into the ground while idiots like those guys reckon that they are buying American when in fact they are too ignorant to recognize that buying a Chevy and shopping at Wal Mart isn't buying American!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yep! And since are trucks are assembled in america it gives jobs to americans.
oh yeah I agree, at least Nissan, being an Asian company (well, now multinational) builds their cars here. I can forgive them on the imported content of their vehicles since I already am buying an "import".

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I bought my first Titan in '05, I did it because I liked that truck the most. I felt like I was getting the most bang for my buck at the time. I still like Dodge trucks, and am starting to like Ford trucks. The Titan was just the most fun to drive!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
""The better question is, why did that ignoramous give his money to an "American" company that practices outsourcing?""

Doesn't the fact that Nissan, a japanese company, is building cars here in the US from parts around the globe mean they practice outsourcing too? lol.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
pfft. Nissan/Toyota often holds its value as well--cant speak so much for Toyota anymore with all the bs thats going on--they have the medias eye, thats for sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
""The better question is, why did that ignoramous give his money to an "American" company that practices outsourcing?""

Doesn't the fact that Nissan, a japanese company, is building cars here in the US from parts around the globe mean they practice outsourcing too? lol.
That isa good point. But in this case what's best for america is that we have jobs and start building better vehicles.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Tell them your Titan is a marvel of Tennissippinese engineering.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I bought my first Titan in '05, I did it because I liked that truck the most. I felt like I was getting the most bang for my buck at the time. I still like Dodge trucks, and am starting to like Ford trucks. The Titan was just the most fun to drive!
It is the best bang for the buck. And I like how simple it is to find one like you like with the options you wont. Xe, se,le. Have you looked at all the trim levels on chevy? There's like 800 trims and every option under the sun. Just add most of the options standard for peet sake.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
When I bought mine in 05 it wasn't a hard choice. The Titan was way nicer than everyone else IMO. I took them all for a test drive and it wasn't even close. Now if I were to buy a Titan today I must say things are a lot different. You are buying an 8 year old body style. Everyone has a truck that tows more, higher horsepower, better fuel economy, more cab options, etc. You have the Ford Raptor for off-road which looks awesome. My decision would not be as clear today as it was back in 05.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I bought my Tian bucause it was and is still a bad a$$ truck. Nuff said!!!!!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
When I bought mine in 05 it wasn't a hard choice. The Titan was way nicer than everyone else IMO. I took them all for a test drive and it wasn't even close. Now if I were to buy a Titan today I must say things are a lot different. You are buying an 8 year old body style. Everyone has a truck that tows more, higher horsepower, better fuel economy, more cab options, etc. You have the Ford Raptor for off-road which looks awesome. My decision would not be as clear today as it was back in 05.
If the body changes I dont think I would get a new one. I hate the new Q56s.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well aside from the "technically its really made here or there" arguement......

1: Me and my family have always been Nissan people. I've had a 1990 Stanza, 2002 Pathfinder, and now my 2008 Titan. The Stanza aside from a bad tranny @ 120K was driven into the ground to 150k + miles My age of 16-18 at the time means it took a hardcore beating during my ricer phase where I thought it was actually a fast car. Also in my family has been 1993 Maxima, 2003, Maxima, 2001 Pathfinder, and 2007 Altima. Yes, there have been issues with some of these vehicles here and there but overall not too bad.

2: In between my Nissan ownership was a 1998 Chevy S10. It was bagged all the way around and did most of the work myself. I got pretty intimate with the truck and my ending opinion was a poorly made pos. It just seemed cheap and the way everything was designed looked poor and unthoughtout. It left a sour taste in my mouth.

3: When I bought my Titan I fell in love with it. When I thought to myself I wanted to buy a pickup truck, the Titan is all that came to mind. The styling, the options, the features of the LE model, and the price at the time for what I was getting was good too. The LE fits me well. Its a well apointed SUV with a pickup bed and nice tow capacity. Aside from ball breaking about my 5'7" bed (which fits a full sheet of plywood with tailagte down) I get so many compliments to this day about my truck.

With this being said, will all the technological advances these days and better quality I would consider American for my next car/truck. Vehicles have come along way (imo) even in the last 10 years. I think alot of the American made pos stigma was from back in the day when they were actually junk.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If the body changes I dont think I would get a new one. I hate the new Q56s.
The new Q56 looks weird. Was gonna buy the wife one but she was like WTF is that ugly thing? I smiled and went to the Lexus dealer.

If they do to the Titan what they did to the Q56...they might only sell 1000 a year.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Titan is made the exact same way as any other full size: of Mexican and Chinese parts assembled in various locations. Some parts may be USA made, and in the case of the Titan, it's assembled in USA.

The better question is, why did that ignoramous give his money to an "American" company that practices outsourcing?

I'd rather buy a Japanese made Subaru than a Mexican made Chevy. Why? Because I don't want to justify ANY money into the pocket of an American CEO/Corporation that practices outsourcing. If it has a USA name, it MUST be USA made in my book.

Same goes for tools, I'd rather buy Harbor Freight than Black and Decker. They are made in the same factory in China, but with Black and Decker you pay to justify Americans taking away American jobs. I hate the Big 3. And The US gov't, and US corporation because they are running the USA into the ground while idiots like those guys reckon that they are buying American when in fact they are too ignorant to recognize that buying a Chevy and shopping at Wal Mart isn't buying American!
Bravo! Very well said. I'd also like to say that I bought my Titan used from an individual that also bought it used. We were both supporting the local economy. :)

I grew up in a Dodge family and that was my second choice but with me being 6'6" and my wife at 6'3" and a newborn in a carseat, the Dodge Quad cab rear seat was nearly useless (and I don't like the looks of the MegaCab). Got loads of room in the T.

My last truck was a '99 S-10 that was a rolling pile IMHO. Between that and the F150 that I drove for work for a while, I just got a bad taste with anything "domestic engineered". The fit and finish, so to speak, were subpar. I got tired of having to slam the doors to get them to close, not to mention the random trim pieces that started sagging or coming loose, etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bravo! Very well said. I'd also like to say that I bought my Titan used from an individual that also bought it used. We were both supporting the local economy. :)

I grew up in a Dodge family and that was my second choice but with me being 6'6" and my wife at 6'3" and a newborn in a carseat, the Dodge Quad cab rear seat was nearly useless (and I don't like the looks of the MegaCab). Got loa

My last truck was a '99 S-10 that was a rolling pile IMHO. Between that and the F150 that I drove for work for a while, I just got a bad taste with anything "domestic engineered". The fit and finish, so to speak, were subpar. I got tired of having to slam the doors to get them to close, not to mention the random trim pieces that started sagging or coming loose, etc.
I thought i was the only person that noticed the ****y build quality in and out of most domestics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts