Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed in the last 3 days slight vibration on the brake pedal when I brake only at low speeds and when slowly coming to a stop like when I barely keep my foot on the brake. I only have 3k miles on it and hoping I didn't mess something up when I installed the amp steps. The instructions said to intall remote by master cylinder. Could I have hit it and messed it up or could it be something else? I'm about to lift it and dont want them not to fix it blamming it on the lift. Is it the abs coming on b/c of aftermarket rims and tires even though I had the same rims / tires on my 07? I shouldn't have warp rotors at 3k miles. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Possible warped rotors. Also could be loose wheel. If it was the abs you might hear a noise from under the hood from the actuator activating.

Reactions: rbt

·
Premium Member
58,769 Posts
It's a 2011. Bring it to the dealer and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
warped rotors would be felt through the vehicle, not the peddle.

is under warrenty, just tale it in and dont sweat it.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i have it as well. a lot of minor vibrations in the pedal are just from the road. you notice it more because your going slower. in mine ive noticed, especially when cold, it feels like either the tranny or engine vibration frequencies. i can feel it in the gas as well while cruising in first gear. again might be the roads. having any accessories will cause it to vibrate as well. your in many ways like me and notice the most minor things. i dont recall my 08 doing this, but its so minor i might not have noticed it. take it to the dealer and have them check your rotors and tranny mount. maybe try driving another new T to see if it does it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
my old jeep had rotor problems, you could feel it when pressing the brakes at low speeds. no one ever drove it besides me so I cant tell if it was the vehicle or the pedal but it was the same thing you are describing.

As said above, warranty!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have it as well. a lot of minor vibrations in the pedal are just from the road. you notice it more because your going slower. in mine ive noticed, especially when cold, it feels like either the tranny or engine vibration frequencies. i can feel it in the gas as well while cruising in first gear. again might be the roads. having any accessories will cause it to vibrate as well. your in many ways like me and notice the most minor things. i dont recall my 08 doing this, but its so minor i might not have noticed it. take it to the dealer and have them check your rotors and tranny mount. maybe try driving another new T to see if it does it.
Thanks for the response. Is yours a constant vibration? I only feel mine by barely pressing the pedal at slow speeds and sometimes I dont feel it at all. I tried experimenting today but the wife started getting annoyed with all the stopping...lol At 1st, I thought I could feel it more when I was coming to a stop and it was down shifting but like I said its not consistent so its hard to pin point what or where. We probably are alike in that we can notice minor or sudden changes in things around us. I do have plans to take it in but always like to arm myself with any knowledge I can get here from you guys so I'm not totally blind walking in. Thanks again for the responses.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks for the response. Is yours a constant vibration? I only feel mine by barely pressing the pedal at slow speeds and sometimes I dont feel it at all. I tried experimenting today but the wife started getting annoyed with all the stopping...lol At 1st, I thought I could feel it more when I was coming to a stop and it was down shifting but like I said its not consistent so its hard to pin point what or where. We probably are alike in that we can notice minor or sudden changes in things around us. I do have plans to take it in but always like to arm myself with any knowledge I can get here from you guys so I'm not totally blind walking in. Thanks again for the responses.
ya, mine is somewhat random. i notice it a lot when its cold outside, or even when i drive for the first time on a cold start and warm out. it might also be the simple fact that the brake fluid is thinner than usual idk. the tranny down shifts differently to accommodate the road conditions, whether it be uphill, down hill, or flat. when i brake and it downshifts on flat road is usually when i notice it the most.....btw this is just me being EXTREMELY ocd. i usually ignore things as much as possible or ill dive myself nuts.

brakes are never going to be 100% smooth as it is a frictional operation. by gently putting your foot on the brake its prob going to be worse than normal. your not applying as much pressure which i can only assume is going to cause the pads to skip a little. i personally think it is a mix of driveline frequencies (as there are many in the Titan) and maybe slight imperfections in the pads, rotors, or fluid thickness. it could very well be warped rotors, or at least the start of. usually that will result in a slight steering wheel shake as well though. good luck and let me know if there is an issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts