Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at around 40 to 50 mph im getting a bounce. I feel like im driving a freakin 18 wheeler in the seat! Not the tires, front end isn't out of line. It stops around 52 mph. It does it on any road new or old. Any thoughts on what is causing it. Its a 2004 OR 4x4 crew cab, I also noticed my wife's armada does it at around 20 mph. Im baffled.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
bengym said:
at around 40 to 50 mph im getting a bounce. I feel like im driving a freakin 18 wheeler in the seat! Not the tires, front end isn't out of line. It stops around 52 mph. It does it on any road new or old. Any thoughts on what is causing it. Its a 2004 OR 4x4 crew cab, I also noticed my wife's armada does it at around 20 mph. Im baffled.
do you have the Goodyear tires?? out of round (if they are in balance) is my first guess. I had a 4x4 Dakota that was sensitive in the front end took the dealer 4 different tires to find one that ran smooth

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I have never noticed mine bounce like you are describing. If the dealer says nothing is wrong with your tires, go to a professional place and ask them about it. Might even try a force balance.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
It's the tires.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Get the truck up to the speed that it shakes then put in neutral. If it continues to shake, that rules out any drivetrain runout. From there have the suspension checked out. There are different ways to find various suspension problems by the way the truck is lifted.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
It does this over all roads?
It shouldn't...but you already know that.
If it's the truck, take it back to the dealer, he should have the right equipment for what's called NVH...

For what's it worth, 40-50 is where out of balance tires really show up...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for the input guys, the tires are firestone destination AT with about 5K miles on them. Pretty sure its not the tires since my armada does it also. Not a major issue just a pest.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Truck has 61K on it with the OEM ranchos, sounds like you and I are on the same page. Did you read the post I did on the front diff fluid level? whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Fox Delta said:
do you have the Goodyear tires?? out of round (if they are in balance) is my first guess. I had a 4x4 Dakota that was sensitive in the front end took the dealer 4 different tires to find one that ran smooth
forgot to add that the dealer replaced 03 of my factory wheels too :huh: didn't keep that one long :deathsent

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
bengym said:
Truck has 61K on it with the OEM ranchos, sounds like you and I are on the same page. Did you read the post I did on the front diff fluid level? whats your thoughts?
I think that your OEM Ranchos are likely in need of replacement. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on coilovers, I think they have replacement Bilsteins available for front and rear. I think a few people on the board recently bought them, although I don't recall any feedback on them.

On the diff, I would park it on level ground, fill it to the hole, wait until it stopped running/dripping out of the hole, then put the plug in. That is how I did mine and I didn't get any coming out the vent tube under the hood. As a precaution, it seems to me that the end of the vent tube could be inserted into a receptacle to contain any ejected gear oil.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
bestatchess said:
I think that your OEM Ranchos are likely in need of replacement. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on coilovers, I think they have replacement Bilsteins available for front and rear. I think a few people on the board recently bought them, although I don't recall any feedback on them.

On the diff, I would park it on level ground, fill it to the hole, wait until it stopped running/dripping out of the hole, then put the plug in. That is how I did mine and I didn't get any coming out the vent tube under the hood. As a precaution, it seems to me that the end of the vent tube could be inserted into a receptacle to contain any ejected gear oil.
Thats my plan next time. Since I used the method you described and still had it over flow :)

More concered about the rears 1 way valve...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an 04 2wd cc. I have the same thing at about 47 mph. I have 46000 on the original Goodyears. Replacing them this Saturday with Michelins, I'll see if it goes away.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Stock structs usually last about 25k miles on a heavy truck. I put my money on the struts.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the same thing on my 04 that only has 21K miles on it. I think it is the shocks as well. Could it be the shocks even with low miles is my question??? The shocks are old because it is a 04, but not too many miles.

·
Registered
72 Posts
got new michelin cross terrains Saturday, no more bounce at 47 mph. I had 46000 on the Goodyears. The ride is smoother than when it was new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok My truck is a BRAND NEW '08 Titan King cab with 525 miles on it and guess what, certain roads, not so certain speeds and I get bounce bad enough to get sick... curious to see what anyone thinks of this.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts