Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Honda Element the other day and one of the features I like very much about it is the interior. Basically, you can open the doors and just hose the whole interior out - floors, seats, and all. Wouldn't you think this would be a very handy and important feature for a truck? I mean this is a TRUCK after all. People are going to use it in harsh, dusty, muddy, wet conditions. Do we really want to be on the construction site walking around on the dirt covered in dirt and dust and sweat and then hop into a leather upholstered and carpeted ride? What about the offroad people. Do they really want to jump back in their truck after hiking a muddy trail or walking along the wet sand of the beach or whatever? I mean wouldn't it be nice to just jump in and not have to worry about that stuff, and then when you get home just hose it out and not have stress? I'm surprised more trucks don't offer these options. Obviously the reason to exclude such an interior isn't cost-cutting. The Element is less than $20,000 and still includes it. Why doesn't Nissan offer such a thing? It would do a lot of people a lot of good.

·
Super Moderator
34,534 Posts
munkeebinis said:
I was looking at the Honda Element the other day and one of the features I like very much about it is the interior. Basically, you can open the doors and just hose the whole interior out - floors, seats, and all. Wouldn't you think this would be a very handy and important feature for a truck? I mean this is a TRUCK after all. People are going to use it in harsh, dusty, muddy, wet conditions. Do we really want to be on the construction site walking around on the dirt covered in dirt and dust and sweat and then hop into a leather upholstered and carpeted ride? What about the offroad people. Do they really want to jump back in their truck after hiking a muddy trail or walking along the wet sand of the beach or whatever? I mean wouldn't it be nice to just jump in and not have to worry about that stuff, and then when you get home just hose it out and not have stress? I'm surprised more trucks don't offer these options. Obviously the reason to exclude such an interior isn't cost-cutting. The Element is less than $20,000 and still includes it. Why doesn't Nissan offer such a thing? It would do a lot of people a lot of good.
Wouldn't that play hell with the thick leather seats with the tight stitching?

The knobs would have to be water-proof too. That would mean, gasp, a plastic interior?

Sorry, it's late and I couldn't help myself (well, I could but didn't want to.) :jester:

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think the Element is extremely cool, but I can't see myself ever throwing a hose in the interior of any vehicle! It may be the last bit of 20th Century mindset I retain, but it seems like a very bizzare way to clean an interior :huh: Seems like if you didn't get every bit of the water dried up, the interior would start to smell in hot weather and can visualize water coming back out of the a/c vents and such...count me out on a washable interior Titan...I like em dry on the inside :jester:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The Element is an extraordinary vehicle. I have several friends who have them; one of them in fact got rid of a Pathfinder for it. He has dogs and the both love it, the interior really can be cleaned out with a hose or mop. The seat material is waterproof and yet they feel great.

If a full-size work truck were to ever have such a utilitarian interior it would be a HUGE hit. But I suspect of the nearly 2 million full-size trucks that sold in the US last year, all too few of them are being subjected to real work. Great idea though munkeebinis.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it would be very useful to have such an interior in a truck. I think a lot of people would go with that interior instead of the standard carpet & cloth/leather. I really can't even imagine stepping into a carpetted truck after working on a dirty construction site or something like that. Having an interior with seats and floor that you can hose off would be great and add a lot of utility to the truck. After all, if I wanted a luxury car I'd get a luxury car, not a truck. Why have all these fancy materials when what a truck should really be for is utility? And you wouldn't have to hose out the interior, you could wipe it, mop it, windex it, whatever. The point is it would be very easy to clean. It's much easier to clean dried mud off a waterproof, easily cleanable surface than it is to clean out of carpet or cloth. There's no way that water would settle inside. That's the point of the design, that it doesn't set in. But try spilling your drink in a carpetted truck or leaving the window a bit open during a rain storm. That's something you'll never be able to get out of the carpet.

·
Registered
662 Posts
37L1 said:
Well according to Ebuzz, the Titan is half way there already! :teethmast
Actually a stripped interior is what Hemi777 needs too, he would drop another 5 seconds off of his 1/4 mile time (down to oh probably 7 seconds now), this mod wouldn't cost him anything additional, and on top of that he would have a great place to throw his empty coke bottles when done racing and he could hose out the coke residue afterwards. :upsidedow

·
Registered
739 Posts
DMAN.37li

Two thumbs up for the jokesters!!! Now, if you can somehow throw in the leghumper (sparkydog) you will have covered them all!! :jester:

·
Registered
662 Posts
keane said:
Two thumbs up for the jokesters!!! Now, if you can somehow throw in the leghumper (sparkydog) you will have covered them all!! :jester:
oh keane, that one is just way too easy. Being the (sparky)DOG that he is when he makes a mess by peeing in the interior (you know marking his territory) he can just hose it when he gets home. Well that and whenever he gets done humping whose ever leg he likes to hump, the mess would easily be mopped up.

Ok, ok I was really reaching on that one. Sorry I couldn't cum(e) (pun intended) up with anything better. Sigh..thank goodness it's Friday. Beer? :cheers:

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
37L1, what do you mean according to ebuzz the Titan is halfway there? Is there news about offering such an interior for the Titan?

·
Registered
294 Posts
munkeebinis said:
That's what Husky Liners are for...although I do like the feature you mention. Jeep Wranglers have the same feature as well.

·
Super Moderator
34,534 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts