Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer thats a member on this forum. He purchased an enclosure loaded with Boston G1 12 inch subs and a wire kit and line out converter.

He calls me and tells me the shop he dropped off his vehicle with called and said that one subs was bad. I asked how this was possiable they were both brand new and I check the polarity and voicecoils before I ship them. He says the shop said the voicecoil was ripped. Well Boston subs have a fuse in them that prevent this from happening. The fuse will blow before the voicecoil even comes close to burning or ripping. Its one of the reasons I love the boston subs. They are idiot proof almost. Unless the said idiot blows the fuse and says well must need a bigger fuse.

Which is what i told my customer had to have happened with this speaker. Well he gets to the shop and the guy tell him thats exactly what happened. His excuse was that he really did not know much about these subs. This should have been the point where this idiot should have called someone that did, like boston ..

The amp was not adjusted with a dmm. And the shop apparently did not even know what to the set the meter on to do this. And in this whole shop they did not have one cd with test tones on it. How do you install car audio without knowing how to adjust you amp with a muti meter. Especially with subs you know nothing about . I also think the have the loc hooked wrong.

Of course I am going to warranty the sub and i am going walk the customer through adjusting the amp the proper way. Its amazing how people stay in business

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gabriel c. said:
bets buy? lol. circuit city? audio express? no wait, they install for only a dollar. lol.
I doubt it was audio depressed . Home of the one dollar install would not have had a dmm either.

·
Registered
392 Posts
tech12volt said:
I have a customer thats a member on this forum. He purchased an enclosure loaded with Boston G1 12 inch subs and a wire kit and line out converter.

He calls me and tells me the shop he dropped off his vehicle with called and said that one subs was bad. I asked how this was possiable they were both brand new and I check the polarity and voicecoils before I ship them. He says the shop said the voicecoil was ripped. Well Boston subs have a fuse in them that prevent this from happening. The fuse will blow before the voicecoil even comes close to burning or ripping. Its one of the reasons I love the boston subs. They are idiot proof almost. Unless the said idiot blows the fuse and says well must need a bigger fuse.

Which is what i told my customer had to have happened with this speaker. Well he gets to the shop and the guy tell him thats exactly what happened. His excuse was that he really did not know much about these subs. This should have been the point where this idiot should have called someone that did, like boston ..

The amp was not adjusted with a dmm. And the shop apparently did not even know what to the set the meter on to do this. And in this whole shop they did not have one cd with test tones on it. How do you install car audio without knowing how to adjust you amp with a muti meter. Especially with subs you know nothing about . I also think the have the loc hooked wrong.

Of course I am going to warranty the sub and i am going walk the customer through adjusting the amp the proper way. Its amazing how people stay in business
I feel ya bro!! It's crazy how these companies just hire guys off the street with no install experience, or they lied on their app and know nothing about equipment, troubleshooting, etc....and put em to work on people's vehicles. It's crazy. Then these guys foul up brand new stuff like its nothing!! I've fired so called "installers" for this kind of dumb stuff!! You just gotta have a good dose of common sense, its not rocket science, well most of it anyways.

·
Registered
396 Posts
James,
Well the manufacturer warranty this for you, or are you eating it? Some times I can warranty a customers stupidity, some times not, a tough call sometimes. I know you're just getting your business up and running, and want too do the best you can for your customers. Best of luck my friend, you do a heck of a nice job.
Harry

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I bet that shop keeps busy with the expert roofing, driveway patching and sealing, and home handyman repairs too. I used B...B.. once, never again. I promise you that! :)

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
70DATSUN said:
James,
Well the manufacturer warranty this for you, or are you eating it? Some times I can warranty a customers stupidity, some times not, a tough call sometimes. I know you're just getting your business up and running, and want too do the best you can for your customers. Best of luck my friend, you do a heck of a nice job.
Harry
I am hoping Boston will warranty it. I will not lie if i have to eat it will hurt as bad as business has been in the last week. But its the right thing to do. You been sporting that shirt my friend.i have about 20 left that my wife just loves to point out to me. LOL

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
There's a reason I install everything myself. doesn't matter if it is audio or mechanical, I don't trust the idiots out there.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
konigfritz said:
There's a reason I install everything myself. doesn't matter if it is audio or mechanical, I don't trust the idiots out there.
Yeah And T22 says you have plenty of time as well if your not cleaning the house. LOL

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
LMAO!!!!!

Spent all day in the shop today.

ARe you going to get a dust collector for yours? it made a huge improvement!

T22 said that your shop could use some house cleaning. LMAO.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
konigfritz said:
LMAO!!!!!

Spent all day in the shop today.

ARe you going to get a dust collector for yours? it made a huge improvement!

T22 said that your shop could use some house cleaning. LMAO.
Actually I have a dust collector and its still that bad. The collector is hooked to the Table saw. But the router makes the most dus though.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
tech12volt said:
Actually I have a dust collector and its still that bad. The collector is hooked to the Table saw. But the router makes the most dus though.
AMen to that brotha! esp. with the mdf.

You need a dust collection table.

I'll see if I can find you some plans.

Basically a work table with peg board top and the dust collector hooked to the bottom. works well.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
konigfritz said:
AMen to that brotha! esp. with the mdf.

You need a dust collection table.

I'll see if I can find you some plans.

Basically a work table with peg board top and the dust collector hooked to the bottom. works well.
I see why your a doctors wife now. Your pretty bright. Never even thought of doing that.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
LMAO!!

yeah I'm sure T22 told ya to call me that too!

it's okay. it lets me work when I want to for who I want to.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Or not at all, which is his usual choice!

Good that you're looking out for us numbskulls, tech! Hope business picks up for you!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blackbeauty said:
Or not at all, which is his usual choice!

Good that you're looking out for us numbskulls, tech! Hope business picks up for you!

Its rough everywhere . Its just hit me really hard because of the new truck and I have spent a ton on wood and supplies. I am hoping things will pick up. Lets hope so. I will make it .

·
Registered
396 Posts
tech12volt said:
I am hoping Boston will warranty it. I will not lie if i have to eat it will hurt as bad as business has been in the last week. But its the right thing to do. You been sporting that shirt my friend.i have about 20 left that my wife just loves to point out to me. LOL
I am, thou I don't think it sends much business your way. LOL. The rest of you bums buy up them shirts, and get his wife off his butt (nice shirt by the way).

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
70DATSUN said:
I am, thou I don't think it sends much business your way. LOL. The rest of you bums buy up them shirts, and get his wife off his butt (nice shirt by the way).
Thanks everyone in my town thinks it my truck on the back. i just agree. Im still rocking the factory RF sustem. Yes,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts