Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a flat about a week or 2 ago and just remembered that when I put my spare tire on, its got big burn marks and the rubber is melted. I guess because of the exaust ??? anyone else notice this or is this just another one of my Titans stupid problems ?

Also I have a stock 07 exuast...

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Whoever installed your exhaust might have been a bonehead.

·
Super Moderator
93,665 Posts
It actually sounds like operator error

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Pics Please!!!!!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i've never had to change to the spare on my titan yet, but when i did on my sister's Xterra when she got a flat, she also had two burn marks on hers, on the same sidewall. looked like an exhaust burn but 2 parallel? nothing bad but the thing was the exhaust doesnt touch it. in fact it passes it completely. maybe it's a Nissan thing like the frame getting hot in that spot of the car?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If stock exhaust, you need to see the dealer and firmly request a replacement and file a complaint of design issue. No one should be driving on melted tires! Def see the dealer asap.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you sure that they aren't just rub marks from where it pulls up to the frame/cross members???? That's really all this sounds like instead of burns and it is common with the spare mounts.

Reactions: cp.16

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
walleeme said:
Whoever installed your exhaust might have been a bonehead.

It is a stock exaust, never messed with it... so I dont think thats the case...

Also I know it is not rub marks.. its deffinatley melted...Ill take pics when the rain stops....

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Maybe that tire is not the tire that was on the truck when the truck was built?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do you mean by that ??? and Ill be back with pics in a few if I can find some frggin batteries...

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Isn't your truck an 05?
How do you know that somebody at the dealer didn't melt a tire, and swap it under your truck before you bought it?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point, I dont know... My truck is an 07, I had an 05 but I sold it in march this year. They could have swapped it out while it was at the dealer before I bought it or when It died on me the past few times...

And about the pics I dont have a single AA battery in my house...I tried stealing from the remotes but they were all AAA... Ill make my way to walmart in a few hours

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum anyway last week here in Florida we had a lighting storm.:flamed: It hit a tree by my driveway then followed the root under my drive came up through the concrete and burst two tires on my Titan Se. When I let the spare down there were two marks but I think they came from being pressed against the frame instead of burn marks.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Pics Please!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm maybe im crazy but I really thought they looked like burns

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
They are from the tire being held tight against the frame. I know exactly what you're seeing and they are about 2 inches wide each? Go measure the width of a frame rail on the bottom.

Clint

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i think now we can rephrase "burn" marks to "really clean" marks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you can't take pics

a sketch will do

Now that was pretty funny Rick. LMAO
I need that laugh. :rockon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts