Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
popped the hood of a 2021 and saw a different color underneath, primer white/grey.

Is this common? im in the market for a 2021 Titan

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
Wow. That's crazy. I never noticed around the tiny fire blanket if my 17 is painted or not

·
Registered
317 Posts
As someone who might be interested in upgrading to newer in the near future, that seems to be something "half assed" from Nissan. Especially if you're asking the kind of money to compete with the big 3 prices.
Something picky for sure, but my opinon only. Only makes you think......."what other corners were cut?"
But, not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
well, its aluminum and why put extra paint (weight) were its not needed? like back when planes went paint free to save weight and money. this could be something similar where Nissan is trying to save weight and improve gas mileage. just a guess on a possible reason

·
Registered
2021 titan S
33 Posts
I'll bet that the inside hood is unpainted if the truck is an upcharged color. For instance the baja storm probably doesn't cover the inside hood because it's a much pricier paint, while a black truck like mine they go ahead and paint it because it's no big deal. I would still cry foul at this if it were true...if you pay for the paint they need to apply it to every template on every truck.

Another possibility is different sources for parts. One batch of titans might get hoods made in Brazil and another might come from Vietnam or elsewhere and each factory operates differently.

Whatever the case, I'm 99% sure the answer is contingent on the all too common every-minute-angle penny pinching that corporations are working hard at to try and squeeze an extra bit of profit.

"Let's save 0.017% of our paint budget by not coating the inside of the hood"--promoted nissan engineer

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll bet that the inside hood is unpainted if the truck is an upcharged color. For instance the baja storm probably doesn't cover the inside hood because it's a much pricier paint, while a black truck like mine they go ahead and paint it because it's no big deal. I would still cry foul at this if it were true...if you pay for the paint they need to apply it to every template on every truck.

Another possibility is different sources for parts. One batch of titans might get hoods made in Brazil and another might come from Vietnam or elsewhere and each factory operates differently.

Whatever the case, I'm 99% sure the answer is contingent on the all too common every-minute-angle penny pinching that corporations are working hard at to try and squeeze an extra bit of profit.

"Let's save 0.017% of our paint budget by not coating the inside of the hood"--promoted nissan engineer
Like the gap on the rear drivers side wheel well..some say to save weight ..maybe to save the planet..as far our 17p4x,the hood is painted blue on both sides..im just glad its aluminum cause its full of chips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts