Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that wonder why Nissan's sales are down here is a great example of why. My Fiance and I bought 2 Nissans within 3 days from the same dealer. I got my Titan on Friday night. My fiance got her Versa on Monday night. The detailer was in such a rush with her car that he ripped up her front bumper. The dealer then gives us a hard time about fixing it. After it was thier fault. Nissans costumer service was no help at all. After fighting with them they sent her car to the body shop. The job the shop did was crap and it had to be sent back again. Brand new car the dealer screws up. Then she has her financing through Nissan finance. Her first bill was due on the 12th but the statment was postmarked the 20th, wtf? Nissan acts like they are doing her a favor by waiving any late fees, even though they admit that the dealer sent the paperwork late. How thanks NIssan you make a mistake and act like your doing us a favor by correcting it. Now they don't send her her next statment and tell her "well if you get you get it but if you don't you still need to pay the bill on time" Wow great service, they charge you $5 to pay online which is crap so she wants a statment so she can send in a check.

I was going to leave this alone but Nissan's customer service has once again proven to be crap. We bought our first two Nissan's and now because of Nissan our last two Nissan's. If I could I'd trade my Titan in right now for a Tundra. Thanks Nissanfor crap service and a crappy buying experience. Sad thing is that I love my truck but will never by another one now because of Nissan. Anyone in New Jersey DO NOT buy from Pine Belt Nissan in Toms River They suck and so does Nissans customer service. Sorry for the rant but I need to get this out.

·
Premium Member
75,166 Posts
sorry to hear about your crappy dealership service blue... just remembe whom your mad at... it's not the vehicles it's the people between the manufacture and your ride... there has to be other dealerships around that want your business... i'll take a good dealer over convinece any day.

tundra?? why would you want the ugly piece, you obviously have good taste :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DeadRiver said:
sorry to hear about your crappy dealership service blue... just remembe whom your mad at... it's not the vehicles it's the people between the manufacture and your ride... there has to be other dealerships around that want your business... i'll take a good dealer over convinece any day.

tundra?? why would you want the ugly piece, you obviously have good taste :)
I'm so disatisfied with the way Nissan, between the dealer and Nissan corprate that I don't want to do buisness with them again. I'll have this truck for a while, but NIssan would have to show a lot for me to even consider them again. Sucks too because the truck is great. For the first time buying a Nissan this has not been a good buying experience for either of us.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like your problem is with the dealer, not Nissan overall. However, I'd be pretty disappointed too that corporate Nissan didn't step up to remedy the situation.

Possible loophole - I don't know the law in NJ - but does the damage to the bumper appear written on the damage disclosure sheet? If not take the vehicle back and ask about rescinding the sale due to damage not disclosed...

·
Registered
147 Posts
BlueHen said:
I'm so disatisfied with the way Nissan, between the dealer and Nissan corprate that I don't want to do buisness with them again. I'll have this truck for a while, but NIssan would have to show a lot for me to even consider them again. Sucks too because the truck is great. For the first time buying a Nissan this has not been a good buying experience for either of us.
I am sorry to hear about your dealer... However, there are ones out there that do work with you! I bought my truck used from a used truck dealer. I took it to be serviced at Zimbrich (east) in Madison, Wis.) and they bent over backwards to treat me well... The only thing they had on the line was a possible new customer. They have one in me! They "fudged" things to made replacement of my fuel sensor covered under warrenty, at the same time the rear axle was replaced. I took it in at 8, they had a dodge magnum rental car (POS) waiting for me, and called me before 2 with the work done....all for no charge! They even washed and vacuumed my truck before I picked it up!
Look around for another dealer before you call it quits!!!!

Steven

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just frustrated now after Nissan finance tells her "if the bill comes it comes if it doesn't it's not our problem" I'ts just sad to have such a bad experinence first time out buying a product.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My Titan is financed through BofA and the bill is late all the time.
I have to go into the bank to pay it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
So your issue is that you have to pay your bill monthly whether you get a statement or not? It sounds like time to enter the real world of adult responsibilities. The bumper issue sucks and I agree with being all over the dealer for that one. However, when you signed the finance documents, there is a paragraph making it extraordinarily clear when the payment is due and how much the payment is every month for the duration of the loan. The billing statements are reminders. How great would it be if I didn't have to pay my electric bill or boat payment every month because it "must have gotten lost in the mail."

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i agree in keeping the PROBLEM in focus... it's remarks like yours that take guns out of law abiding hands... (they kill people therfore let's take away all guns from people / instead of focus on the CRIMINAL problem)...
I definitely hate that you had that problem with INDIVIDUALS at THAT NISSAN dealership... but don't trash the truck(handgun) over a certain dealership (criminal).. if ya want a TUNDRA, then just get one cause ya like it and that was your best decision... don't make the decision over what someone esle did(at the dealership). what about if the Toyota dealer pisses ya off.. what then, DODGE??

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
My bill arrives on time every month,I even pay it on line through my bank.
Sorry about the bumper,be persistent in getting this handled,then take a deep breath.Things will get better!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Go to another dealership. You'll have better experience.

·
Premium Member
75,166 Posts
ha, citizen's has the note on my truck.. they are a fun bunch. every month my check is cashed on the 28th of the month, it's due on the 29th... on the 9th of the following month i get a late charge added on... for paying my bill on time. after a few months of this BS i walk into the branch to pay my bill in person and explain to the lady that i have a 7 month old that need the 9 bucks more then citizen's so therefor she'd be seeing me monthly, but i asked why i'm getting a late charge when they clearly cashed my check the day before it was due, the answer "sometimes we put the checks in a lock box for a few days" my responce "that's not MY problem that is they way YOU do business, now you can take all those fees i payed and credit my account"

they still don't knwo what happened to my July payment, they cashed the check, i walked in with a copy of the check with their stamp on the back and they still can't get it together... cititzen sucks IMO.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
And you think the Nissan corporation is the only ones with this mistake? :rofl:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the majority of all dealers are this way. That is why we call them stealerships. I live within 25miles of 3 nissan dealers. Even though i service my truck at the place i didn't buy it from. I still get great service. I still get a loaner car and no bs for service. The servicing point for this stealers is that they are willing to check the truck out with my concerns and are not willing to charge for inspection fee (like the dodge dealer i like allot :hellno: ).
as far as making payments on time. it is in your best interest to get it paid on time no matter if you get the statement on time or not. the due dates will never change regardless of when it falls..i.e. holidays.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
s3gunner said:
I am sorry to hear about your dealer... However, there are ones out there that do work with you! I bought my truck used from a used truck dealer. I took it to be serviced at Zimbrich (east) in Madison, Wis.) and they bent over backwards to treat me well... The only thing they had on the line was a possible new customer. They have one in me! They "fudged" things to made replacement of my fuel sensor covered under warrenty, at the same time the rear axle was replaced. I took it in at 8, they had a dodge magnum rental car (POS) waiting for me, and called me before 2 with the work done....all for no charge! They even washed and vacuumed my truck before I picked it up!
Look around for another dealer before you call it quits!!!!

Steven
Hey, I also used to have work done by Zimbrich in Madison when I lived in Portage. Great dealership, treated me well even though I bought the car (my wife's SE-R) in Appleton because Zimbrich couldn't get the price low enough.
:cheers:

Oh, sorry about your experience blue, but as others have said, it is just the dealer, not the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Amazing, Nissan Titan sales down 6%. After 4 full years, sales should be going up. Even here o0n TT we tend to give Nissan credit for fixing all those broken diffs but the real solution is for Nissan to install a diff that lasts. Nissan fixed my truck too, but I sure got tired of taking that puppy to the dealer every month to fix another part. I think that Nissan might have finally built a good, dependable truck in 08 but might take a couple of years to prove it. After checking the real numbers, Titan sales are down 9.4 %, worse than I thought.

·
Super Moderator
35,716 Posts
TallTexan said:
Amazing, Nissan Titan sales down 6%. After 4 full years, sales should be going up. Even here o0n TT we tend to give Nissan credit for fixing all those broken diffs but the real solution is for Nissan to install a diff that lasts. Nissan fixed my truck too, but I sure got tired of taking that puppy to the dealer every month to fix another part. I think that Nissan might have finally built a good, dependable truck in 08 but might take a couple of years to prove it.
http://blog.cleveland.com/business/2...sales_gai.html

"Nissan: Its sales gained 7 percent on the strength of its redesigned Altima sedan as well as the new Rogue crossover. Nissan's car sales were up 17 percent, while truck sales fell 6 percent."

Truck sales are down 6%, they also make the Frontier. The Armada and Pathfinder may also be included under Trucks as they are not Cars.

That article does not state the amount of increase/decrease in sales of Titans.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts