Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a new truck here in a few days and so far i love everything about the Titan. So I just want to hear from you guys why I should make the jump and pull the trigger on the Titan crew cab. Tell me the good the bad and the ugly about this truck. I will be using this truck for work as an outside salesman and I love the features this truck has for this type of work. From the storage in the center console to the Rockford Fosgate stereo and bluetooth setup for the phone.

Being a performance oriented guy I like the engine package the Titan comes with and since my company will be paying for my gas the fuel mileage is not the big of a deal for me. So far I have compared the Titan to the Ram, Tundra and Chevy. I think the Titan has the best features for the price but I just want to here some background on the truck from some owners. So what can I expect from this truck?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Simply to Grin each time you step in the footfeed. I am also in outside sales. You will never get more compliments than you will in this truck. Usually the first thing I hear about is the ROOM inside. The ride, the pep, the creature comforts, etc...

This i my second one if that helps you figure out anyting in regards to how much we all love our trucks.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You can expect to spend a shwitload of money modding it! :lol: Once you get used to the right pedal, you can't seem to get enough. The growing pains for this truck are essentially fixed by Nissan. There may be a few minor quirks, but not any more than the other options out there, and this truck seems to have a bit more under the hood to play with. Bottomline: it's a great truck and will provide you no end of pleasure once you get it! Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also in Sales and reviewed all the trucks you mentioned. I purchased an '08 CC LE 4WD in early September. I went with Nissan because I expect better quality, and so far I see it. Also I felt I was getting more truck for my money. The only down side is the gas mileage, this thing is thirsty!

·
Registered
800 Posts
you obviously test drove other vehicles, bar none this is the best truck, like many others here, i still enjoy getting behind the wheel and just cruising after 2 yrs of owning it, can't say that i had the same feeling with owning the BIG 3 trucks. oh yea and like blackbeauty said, you will catch the mod flu.... what ever truck you decide on let it be known if you do buy something other than the titan, and your at a light next to one. the light turns green and you find yourself a couple of lengths behind it to the next light....well enough said. good luck with your decision.!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Simply put, I've had mine nearly three years now, and I haven't regretted a minute of it. It's been everything I expected and more. I too, drove the other three brands (Yota was out of my price range). Honestly, this is a better truck than the other FOUR, and you get more truck for the money. Certainly, there have been some issues with these machines, but it appears as though the bugs have been worked out, and the 2008's are nearly flawless.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I purchased my titan 07 model in 11/06. It's a great truck. I bought it because it had the most torque in a half ton pickup at the time and I pull a stock trailer quite a bit. It will handle a loaded trailer on the big passes in Colorado with ease. Gas mileage is around 15-15.5 if you keep the rpms below 2000. The only mods I've done to it are a CAI and a 2 degree timing advance. The muscle for a half ton truck is great. Ride and drive are also great. So far, this is the best truck I've ever owned (and I've always driven a truck). This is coming from a chevy/dodge guy who's seen the light.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Great input so far. I will be towing things occasionally for work and play. I sell/rent construction equipment so there will be times where I will be towing things to job sites with the truck. So I like the fact that the truck has a high load capacity but still has a nice interior and ride comfort for when I will be taking clients out for lunches, dinner, etc.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Great Avatar!!!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I do recommend that you check out FOR ANY TRUCK you would purchase, the Technical Service Bulletins.

Each one has its share of issues and while I love my truck and won't give it up, I also research enough to know what are issues with it and how to manage them IF they show up.

Let us know what you get!:cheers:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I own an 07 Titan LE that was hit from the rear end a month ago. I went to the body shop yesterday to pick it up and the guy that was handling my account commented on how well the truck drove, how much room the truck had, and how sweet it looked.

Since he was driving a new BMW, I definitely took it as a complement.

I recommend getting the LE as it is a fantastic buy for the price and you get your money's worth compared to the Tundra and a few of the domestics.

·
Registered
740 Posts
They should have called it the Nissan BMF... Bad Mo Fo

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I have been driving my galaxy black 2005 LE Crew Cab since new in May 2005 - use it for everything a pickup it's size can be used for including 1 trip up and down the east coast stopping only for gas and the rest room. So far it has been the best pickup truck I have owned - and I have owned MANY trucks in the 1/2 - 1 ton class over the last 30 years. Really - what's NOT to like about the Titan - well - nothing that can't be corrected with aftermarket upgrades - and you still have the best truck for the buck!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
You won't regret it. I'm going on three years of ownership and still as pleased as day one...

Clint

·
Registered
446 Posts
It is well accepted that women's clothes fly up and/or peel off at the mere sight of the Titan or when they ride in it. Enough said.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Adman said:
Don't get the Titan. You gotta get the Raider.

Man, that is one sweet ride!
LOL! What is with the weird body styling on that thing? Also, it is basically a Dodge Dakota in some Mitsu clothing.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
LOL! What is with the weird body styling on that thing? Also, it is basically a Dodge Dakota in some Mitsu clothing.
ANd you guys thought the Tundra was fugly?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry guys - I had too much to drink at work today.

Get the Titan. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Even better than my BMW 3 Series.

It's a:

- daily driver
- family hauler
- mulch hauler
- *** hauler
- money pit (once the mod bug hits)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts