Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i spent an hour driving a customers titan back from me dropping him off about an hour away, So i got to listen to the factory rockford system . At first at low volume i was impressed. It imaged pretty well staging was o.k. And tonal balance was pretty good for a factory system. But when i turned it up to a level i would listen to it at. Oh my what a total P.O.S. The whole damn system was muddy bass was just noise and a little shaking. The sondstage was awful and had holes big enough to park a 74 buick in . Tonal balance fell part . It had some highs but no midbass and midrange was terrible. i am not sure what nissan charged for this upgrade. But this a joke and i am really suprized rockford let them put their name on it. This sucks even by rockfords standards. i will be uprgrading this system moderately tomorrow. I will let you guys know how i come out with it.
 

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tech12volt said:
Well i spent an hour driving a customers titan back from me dropping him off about an hour away, So i got to listen to the factory rockford system . At first at low volume i was impressed. It imaged pretty well staging was o.k. And tonal balance was pretty good for a factory system. But when i turned it up to a level i would listen to it at. Oh my what a total P.O.S. The whole damn system was muddy bass was just noise and a little shaking. The sondstage was awful and had holes big enough to park a 74 buick in . Tonal balance fell part . It had some highs but no midbass and midrange was terrible. i am not sure what nissan charged for this upgrade. But this a joke and i am really suprized rockford let them put their name on it. This sucks even by rockfords standards. i will be uprgrading this system moderately tomorrow. I will let you guys know how i come out with it.

Oh yeah my 9 year old says . Dad i see hwy he brought the truck now. This stereo sounds awful. i am training them young. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
can't wait for your reply! I tend to agree...what year was the truck as there was a bulleton for 2004's and my replacement system is waiting at the dealer for installation..
 

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CdnTitan LE 4x4 said:
can't wait for your reply! I tend to agree...what year was the truck as there was a bulleton for 2004's and my replacement system is waiting at the dealer for installation..
i think it may be a 2004. ANd its a pos. I am not saying this to get more business. The factory chevrolet system sounds better. and thats the truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,474 Posts
I don't have the best ear for sound but I know the RF system isn't that good, but it's not THAT bad...for me. To be honest the only thing I would like to improve is the sub. I do not want to give up any cab room for it though, I know I'm not a die hard. I'd like to see a direct replacement for the the stock shake/rattle/rumble sub under the drivers seat. I'm probably dreaming...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,783 Posts
I don't have the RF, but the 6 disc HU, and my system sounds fine at the levels I listen to it.
No complaints here!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,154 Posts
bbomar said:
I don't have the RF, but the 6 disc HU, and my system sounds fine at the levels I listen to it.
No complaints here!
You are lucky..They are lesser than on my `04......CD`s are a must for good sound quality here....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
Its about a $500 option and a complete ripoff, IMO. The "subwoofer" to me looks like little more than a vibrating device designed to give the driver the illusion of base. Many years ago I knew someone that had a stereo chair. It had small speakers that flipped out by your ears and it would vibrate with bass to make you feel like there was actually base. Most base notes are below the human hearing range and we only feel them anyway but its still not the same. The stock speakers are capable of much better sound with a different HU, which I found out when I swapped mine, still not as good as aftermarket. They are cheap and I'm sure will quickly blow if much power is put to them.
Your right, the Chevy high end system does sound much better. I had a monsoon system in my last Camaro and it sounded pretty darn good for stock. A decent amount of base for not having any kind of woofer and the highs were pretty crisp. I just added a sub and was happy enough that I didn't go any further. It was a poorly designed system though, I had several speakers replaced under warranty with just factory power going to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Mine sounds great...its an 04...never had problems and dont really have an interest to upgrade...I can turn it up to about 20-24 and its way loud and balances out good..oh well..maybe I got a good one out of the bunch
 

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
Had it in my 05. Sounds oK 1 in every 200 songs you play. Speakers sound NO better than factory system with 6 disc changer, just more bass because of the so-called sub.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
My brother has the bose system in their armada. It sucks also. My non rockford, 6disc, sounded the same. I noticed in both the highs were missing. I made small brackets that use stock push pins and instaled polk db1000 tweeters in my top dash. It looks stock and made a huge difference. Amazing what a $80 set of tweeters does for a system. I will be installing the matching full range 6X9 in the door this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
the stock sub sucks anything over 15. thats why i put in 2 10" kickers
 

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i kept the factor headunit. Added a peripheral sven 4 loc and a sundown audio 100.4 on 2 sets of memphis msync 6.5s and a 100.2 on a pair of memphis ms 10d4s.

I must admit this system absolutely sounds awesome. we listened to a ton of stuff and it was amazing how it sounded. The difference was night and day. I also did not tie the loc in after the amp. i did it behind the head unit and had plenty of input gain with loc adjusted to less than half way. We alos still have all functions of the a/v button and fade and balance. we left all factory wiring in the truck and run new to everything. This way if the customer ever sells the truck he can put the rf stuff right back in. I will say this. The tweeter on the dash in these trucks are way to far away from the mid. It took some adjusting to get them where they did not rip your head off..


to me this system would be perfect my taste. i would add a 30 band eq for tuning but other that that for everyday driver it was perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,633 Posts
There isn't a shred of tonal balance to be found in the RF system at ANY level. It's junk and that's all there is to it. I had one so I'm allowed the opinion.
 

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
Joined
·
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VShortt said:
There isn't a shred of tonal balance to be found in the RF system at ANY level. It's junk and that's all there is to it. I had one so I'm allowed the opinion.

to me it very decieving at a very low level . like the level you would have it on during a test drive it was o.k. but once you turned it up at all. it was pure shi...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,633 Posts
tech12volt said:
to me it very decieving at a very low level . like the level you would have it on during a test drive it was o.k. but once you turned it up at all. it was pure shi...
Now THAT statement I'll agree with 100%. It's definitely a waste of money but in my case, it wasn't an option.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top