Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 18" Wicked Flow muffler installed today. I went in to get pricing information for a Magnaflow, and the owner told me about the Wicked Flow. I had never heard of it until earlier today. He said that it's basically the same thing as a Magnaflow but just not nearly as well known. He also said that they seem to last longer. I enjoyed the exhaust on the way home. It has a fairly loud but really deep sound. Does anyone else have anything from Wicked Flow? I cannot really say anything about the drone in the cab at this point because I have not driven the truck long enough. Early on it seems as if the drone is a little loud at low rpms when accelerating, but once you hit 1500 -2000 it drone goes down quite a bit.

·
Registered
785 Posts
"Xtreme flow mufflers", the guys on West Shaw ave. by KFC Fresno, i actually had one of those installed on my Ford Expedition, i liked the sound but dont recall any performance gains. Even though i already had the JBA headers, Volant cold air intake, granatelli MAS, 75mm T.B. Diablo chip 2 stage. but oh well i guess you learn. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
I'm always a bit cautious when an exhaust shop "recommends" something other than the well-known brands. Years ago I had a shop talk me out of a Flowmaster to go with a Mellowtone. It was nowhere near as good. My estimate is that they have a much smaller profit margin on the brand name products (simply due to competition from mail order, internet, etc.) They can offer these unknown products for less and still make more money on them.

Hopefully yours turns out to be good. Post up some photos/sound clips and let us know how you like it after a while.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
chepdog said:
"Xtreme flow mufflers", the guys on West Shaw ave. by KFC Fresno, i actually had one of those installed on my Ford Expedition, i liked the sound but dont recall any performance gains. Even though i already had the JBA headers, Volant cold air intake, granatelli MAS, 75mm T.B. Diablo chip 2 stage. but oh well i guess you learn. :cheers:
EXACTLY! :jester: They convinced me into getting one on my '02 Tundra back then... sounds good, no doubt... but like you, I had no gains... after a year and the housing rusted through the lower welds, I got a Flowmaster put in and the butt dyno noticed at least a 10hp gain... so the point is... just cause a professional muffler shop has it's own product doesn't mean it's a functional product... :huh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
opps, sounds like i blew it. I did manage to talk the guy into giving me a lifetime warranty on it, well atleast as long as the shop is in business. But I will work on providing a better review and some sound clips and photos after I drive the truck some more. Hopefully this guy was not a douche. I did not drive it hard enough to notice any performance gains on the way home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
opps, sounds like i blew it. I did manage to talk the guy into giving me a lifetime warranty on it, well atleast as long as the shop is in business. But I will work on providing a better review and some sound clips and photos after I drive the truck some more. Hopefully this guy was not a douche. I did not drive it hard enough to notice any performance gains on the way home.
I don't think so. I have this same muffler as well, and am very impressed with the quality and sound. I think you got a screaming deal. I also think WickedFlow is gonna give a lot of other brands a run for it. They are not an isolated name sold in just a couple shops, WickedFlow is found all over the place. Not as well known, but at one time Magnaflow was a nobody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts