Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to dinner last night and my buddy rolls down the passenger side window. Goes to roll it up and it only goes halfway and jumps track. Tried several times to roll it up bt it will only go al the down and halfway up. So I have him hold the button down and I grab the glass and push it until the window rolls up. I was forced to do this beause it was supposed to rain. Anyway, we go to dinner and when leaving a couple hours later on the way home he forgets about the problem and rolls it down. It then rolls back up perfectly normally. Really odd. It was definitely off track before because it even chewed up the rubber trim when it was being raised back up. Anybody else have any window problems?

Shawn
Red Brawn
Crew Cab
SE

·
Registered
493 Posts
yes!!!!!!!!11

i had that problem on my driver side window, it was working for the 1st 3 weeks, then all of the sudden it would roll up halfway then stop then go down, i had the dealer fix..they said it jump of the track.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes I also had that happen. First fix lasted 2 days, second fix the dealer got some measurements from nissan and so far so good. They definitly know its a poor design and a tsb is coming.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Window Problem

My Driver Side Window does a strange thing also. If you roll it all the way down, it will not roll up. It's like it forgets it's in the down position and will not roll up. I found a work around for the problem (since it doesn't happen very often, only when it's real cold outside). You roll it down, and if it doesn't roll up, "You Push Down on the button", wait 5 seconds, then Roll Up, and it will roll up. If you continually try to roll it up when it's stuck in the down position, it will not roll up.

·
Registered
497 Posts
you learn patience well grasshopper. :flying: brilliant! thanks for sharing. :upsidedow

·
Registered
77 Posts
mytitan said:
i had that problem on my driver side window, it was working for the 1st 3 weeks, then all of the sudden it would roll up halfway then stop then go down, i had the dealer fix..they said it jump of the track.....
They prob adjusted the track as it was prob getting some resistance from rolling up and down.

These window regulators and motors have sensors that are programmed to "learn" where the top and bottom of the window goes. Once its assembled its learned and thats it. Occasionally it needs to be adjusted and "retaught" <SP?> as there might be slight binding on the tracks.

I bet the first time at the dealership, they prob just reset the motor... then the second time they actually adjusted it and then reset it...

-Corey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts