Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time in as many years my wife smashed the front bumper on the Titan. She was backing out of the garage when the rear proximity sensor started beeping. She jammed it in drive and promptly hit a cabinet that was against the wall in front of her. The wall, cabinet, bumper and grill are now toast. I suppose it could have been worse. At least she didn't set off an airbag. The first time she dented the bumper, I had it straightened and re-chromed but it can't be fixed this time. I'll need a new one. Have any of you guys tried the OEM type replacements that are seen on Ebay? If so, how do they look and more importantly, How do they fit?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
This is exactly why in almost three years my wife has not, and will NEVER drive my truck.
Sorry to hear your truck is damaged.

Clint

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I bought a clean used (almost brand new one) from NCD customs for 200 bucks.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Clint said:
This is exactly why in almost three years my wife has not, and will NEVER drive my truck.
Sorry to hear your truck is damaged.

Clint

Ha Ha...

I take the opposite approach...besides if my gf smashes the trucks front bumper...she knows I get to smash her rear bumper.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
ted hanson said:
For the second time in as many years my wife smashed the front bumper on the Titan. She was backing out of the garage when the rear proximity sensor started beeping. She jammed it in drive and promptly hit a cabinet that was against the wall in front of her. The wall, cabinet, bumper and grill are now toast. I suppose it could have been worse. At least she didn't set off an airbag. The first time she dented the bumper, I had it straightened and re-chromed but it can't be fixed this time. I'll need a new one. Have any of you guys tried the OEM type replacements that are seen on Ebay? If so, how do they look and more importantly, How do they fit?
Did you tell her to break out her sunglasses for the second time:boxing:. Just kidding. Hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
if i were you i would try to staighten the bumper just enough to put a stillen bumper cover over it, they look muck better than stock imo

·
Registered
718 Posts
ted hanson said:
She was backing out of the garage when the rear proximity sensor started beeping. She jammed it in drive ...
Ummm... I think my head's going to explode. Why jam it in Drive when the sensors beep? :huh:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
ted hanson said:
Who bailed you out of jail? Or do they have the internet in there now?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Called my body shop buddy and he's going to hook me up with a new, genuine Nissan bumper and lower grill. I have already straightened the bumper once but the damage is too bad to try it again. My cost for both parts is $388.05. I'll do the work myself. While I'm waiting for the parts I'll repair the garage wall and go to Lowe's to buy another cabinet. I was trying to think of what I was going to do on the weekend anyway. Sheezzzzzzz!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
There would be some mods coming my way if that happened to me. I'd be like "I supposed now you don't care if I spend a little extra on the truck Dear?" Next day, uprev tuned!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts