Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if the new headlights off the 08's fit the older model Titans???? Any help will be apreciated...Thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
titanss said:
Yes they will, A member on here has already done this swap. I can't find the thread?
thanks, any suggestions on where I can get some for a decent price beside the dealer??????

·
Registered
341 Posts
Try junk yards or ebay , just my 2cents

·
Registered
299 Posts
I did the swap and then 3 weeks later traded in my 05 for an actual 08 (headlights stayed on with the trade in)

·
Registered
33 Posts
what is the diffrence other than the look?

thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FFtitan said:
I did the swap and then 3 weeks later traded in my 05 for an actual 08 (headlights stayed on with the trade in)

where did u find the set, I've been looking everywhere and dont want to pay the dealer price. Did everything bolt on ok or did u have to modify them to fit???

·
Registered
67 Posts
i traded my 08 headlights for a set of 05 headlights that had only 500 miles on it. i didnt like all the amber on the 08 headlights the 05s look alot cleaner imo

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
EXILE said:
i traded my 08 headlights for a set of 05 headlights that had only 500 miles on it. i didnt like all the amber on the 08 headlights the 05s look alot cleaner imo
So you put some off an 05 in your 08? I was told by two sources this would not work. I ask because I am looking at a set from eBay with the HID kit. THe seller said no, and a friend at a dealer said no. He pulled them each from part dept and said wouldn't work. I am hoping he was wrong, and that you are the reason my wiffe hates ebay. LOL

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey bhudda if you swap out your headlights ....let me know if u sell your stock ones, Ive been looking for some 08's for a while now. Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
no problem CBURNS1101. I have to figure out if this Will Work or not. LOL

·
Registered
299 Posts
The lights will work, no modifications necessary. The only difference in the lights is the amber part at the top.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
By the way. The 08 is about a half to 3/4 inch wider at the top than the older ones. This is a no go. Craop

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a set of halo headlights off my buddys 05 titan they fit fine same fitment and plug in

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You guys are confusing me - the last two posts contridict each other... Perhaps there is a difference between the 08's and the 08.5's???

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
EXILE said:
i have a set of halo headlights off my buddys 05 titan they fit fine same fitment and plug in

So you put 2005 aftermarket headlight housings in a 2008 with no fitment or connection problems? We measured my headlight housing roughly against an 04 at the meet, and mine was wider at the top by a little more than half an inch. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing you rather asking for clarification. I would love to get a pair I found on ebay, but everything I am being told and have seen says it won't work. Thanks for your patience with myself and others. We are all after all working on a common goal here.:cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well ill let you guys know im going to try it tomorrow. :) Halos work in the 08 cause the guy that im buying the stock lights from has halo's in his truck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
they only thing that is different between the 04' - 08' is the grille and the amber at the top of the headlight the 08' headlights should fit just fine but i dont think that i would do that i deff.. think that the clear at the top looks much cleaner that the amber i think it is just to much amber with the top and the sides 2 but if that is what you like to each his own its yout titan and only yours so i think they will fit fine do it just send pics when your done

1 - 20 of 32 Posts