Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to need new rubber soon and would like to keep one of the used 35's that I have for a spare.

Will a 35x12.50 fit down underneath where the spare goes?
I have a trailer hitch-will that matter? I am doing more long distance travel than previously and feel somewhat uncomfortable running around with only the stock spare tire under there.

Will it hurt the rear end if I run far with a 35" tire on one side and a 32"+/- on the other side?
Far enough to get off the turnpike for instance? I also worry because not many tire shops have 35" tires in their store rooms. Would probably take a day or so to even get one in as a replacement.

TIA.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think a 35 will be a lil too big to fit under there especially with the trailer hitch, but you definately do not want to run different size tires in the rear, I would put the smaller one up front and just dont engage the 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if the rear tire blows, swap a front one to the back and put the spare on the front then? Makes sense.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help!! That thread was very helpful.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Not a problem at all Thank you. You made me stop being so damn lazy and get my spare switched over to a 35" tire. It fits up in there just like in the pictures only I am using my stock spare wheel. I tried to take some pictures but they came out crappy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts