Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so what size would i need?

i was told that the 40 series would not work for a replacement for my stock muffler.

·
Registered
686 Posts
2.25 dual in, and 3.00 single out

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
no a 40 series will not work for a muffler replacement, in 08 to present titans its a dual in single out replacement muffler. so you either need a dual in single out like lvcoyote suggested the 2.25 inlet pipes and idealy 2.25 out unless you want 3" pipe to the rear its 2.5" out of the the stock muffler i believe. Flowmaster makes a 50 series muffler in this configuration. if you really want a 40 series you will need a y pipe and a little pipe join the 2 pipes off the exhaust manifolds into a single pipe to the muffler. then what ever size you want out the back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i think i have 2 40 series on my truck. 1 in 1 out on both

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
You can do what jkelley did, or just get a y-collecter to merge it to a single in, then any muffler shop can make an adapter to fit the 40 series on there.

Bottom line, take it to a muffler shop and say "I want this muffler in that truck." and they'll do it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I got a cheap dynomax cat-back system first. I didn't really like the sound so I got the 50 series. Didn't like that either and got the super 44. Still really couldn't hear it to my liking so I ended up getting the dynomax bullet and dumped it before the rear axle. Best sounding exhaust I've found and others around here agree (even die hard Ford fans).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts