Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. I figure if you are trying to race you need to allow the engine to breathe better if your running engine mods + full exhaust system. I'm looking to save some money on gas even if it's just 2-4 mpg. No point in having a exhaust if i have the intake & exhaust and I'm running stock headers

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I picked up about 1 mpg with Uprev, Injen, DTs, highflow cats & JBA cat-back. This is running the 91 octane performance tune and with my foot deep in it quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Same thing I've been pondering. I went from stock exhaust with air box mod and BDPP getting 20+mpg on a highway trip to 16 just now with Magnaflow catback for 07+ models and BDGT. I'm thinking the BD tunes are almost the same, so the biggest difference has been a dual in single out catback exhaust. I'm thinking the stock exhaust definitely yielded me the best mpg. I still have it, and even though it's an easy swap, I haven't done it to test the difference by swapping back. Then the only difference then will be BDGT vs. BDPP.

That;s with always running premium tune and 93 octane gas.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If your new exhaust reduces torque in the rpm region that you normally drive in, you will probably see lower mileage numbers. I'm seeing about a 0.5 mpg drop in my Pathfinder because I'm having to apply more gas and down shift more often during normal driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts