Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. i was wondering if anyone eles is running that size on stockers with no issues. I should have searched the forums better but grew quickly lazy. thanks for all your comments in advance.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I'm sure the tire manufacturer will say that it should be mounted on at least a 8 or 8.5" rim but there are lot of guys running 325/65 and 35/12.5's on stock rims with no issues. The one thing that I have heard is possible is the tires wearing funny but like I said there are lots of guys with that setup and no issues.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure the tire manufacturer will say that it should be mounted on at least a 8 or 8.5" rim but there are lot of guys running 325/65 and 35/12.5's on stock rims with no issues. The one thing that I have heard is possible is the tires wearing funny but like I said there are lots of guys with that setup and no issues.
I was told 18x10 at the least by "American's Tire" but i do know quite a few fella's are running this set up. I guess i just want to know if the tread issue is true at this point. Are the stock pro4x wheels 18x8 ?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I was told 18x10 at the least by "American's Tire" but i do know quite a few fella's are running this set up. I guess i just want to know if the tread issue is true at this point. Are the stock pro4x wheels 18x8 ?
Lots of guys have said that there tires are wearing fine with that setup. You do not need a 10" rim for a 35/12.5. Those guys are full of sh!t. I believe the Pro4x rims are 8 inches wide. BFG calls or 8-11" wide rims for that tire so you will be fine. Here's a link. BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
My damn link doesn't take you back to tire rack for some reason but you will be fine on stock rims and a 35/12.5.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. cause i would hate to get the 2011 pro4x wheels, then powder coat them for nothing. Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I ran 35x13 tires on stock wheels for 40K miles with no issues.

·
Registered
785 Posts
they will fit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2010 with a 1.5" leveling kit, I'm wondering if that will be enough to fit 35's with stock 18" rims (I assume 8" wide from the previous posts)?

·
Registered
785 Posts
tires will fit. probably have to do a pinch weld mod, to keep it from rubbing. my bfg's are actually around 34"

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I've got a 2010 with a 1.5" leveling kit, I'm wondering if that will be enough to fit 35's with stock 18" rims (I assume 8" wide from the previous posts)?
You will have to do the PWM but they will fit and look awesome.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I've been running a 315/70/17 tire on OEM OR wheels for 40k miles with no problems at all. That tire you're looking at is .3" taller and .5" wider than mine. The Pro 4x wheels are wider than mine. So you'll have no problems at all Jon.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
tires will fit. probably have to do a pinch weld mod, to keep it from rubbing. my bfg's are actually around 34"
They are mud tires so they are more true to size (actual 34.8) that their AT tires.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
33x13 (325/60) for 20k miles now... even wear. a taller slightly narrower tire will have even less chances of wearing funny than mine so yea youre good. be prepared to PWM and then some..

·
Registered
893 Posts
I don't wAnt to thread jack but the off road wheels are 7 inches wide and the tires I ordered specify a tire from 8-10. Can I fit the tires?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I don't wAnt to thread jack but the off road wheels are 7 inches wide and the tires I ordered specify a tire from 8-10. Can I fit the tires?
Yes, I have a 8.5" specify on the OR wheels.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks bro, now I need to find some OR wheels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts