Nissan Titan Forum banner

Will factory warranty cover axle seals if True-trac is installed?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Delta15 
#1 ·
I have an appointment to get a True-trac installed next Wednesday. I have a 05 4x4 KC SE with 34,000 miles. I don't know what's involved with replacing the axle seals, but I have concerns that mine may need to be replaced in the future.

If I get a True-trac installed by a local performance driveline shop (and keep my mouth shut), will Nissan ever know? Should I just have the non-dealer True-trac installer just do the seals himself? If it's cheap, that'd be an option I'd consider.

I thought I saw a very small amount of leakage the last time I was under my truck. I'm going to look very closely tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I would think that if you got a truetrac Nissan would void out the warranty on the entire rearend.

#5 ·
The only difference between rape and romance is the presentation.
If you're cool with them,it shouldn't be a problem.The Tru-Trac did not cause the seals to leak.If in doubt,why don't you have them changed while they are installing the Tru-Trac?

#6 ·
To do the axle seal they would have to take the axle apart so yes they will know it's there, will they warranty it is up to the dealer. I heard from a warranty claim guy for Nissan that they mandate the whole axle be change instead of repair when it come to axle seal leak. My suggestion is if you're already that far into the dismantle of the rear axle for the TT, get and replace the axle seals also, they're cheap enough. After that do the axle vent mod.

#7 ·
baseballfanz said:
I heard from a warranty claim guy for Nissan that they mandate the whole axle be change instead of repair when it come to axle seal leak.
That makes no sense and would be a huge waste of money for Nissan. I had seals replaced twice under warranty and I still have my same rear end.

#8 ·
kartman said:
That makes no sense and would be a huge waste of money for Nissan. I had seals replaced twice under warranty and I still have my same rear end.
This is partially true,but not quite the entire story.
If the axle seals leak,long enough or bad enough to a point of loss of lubrication to the differential,the entire assy will be replaced under warranty.
As a general rule complete assy's are not necessary for an axle seal leak,but it is definetely not unheard of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.