Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Titan S 4x4 single cab
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a line on some 2015 Pro-4x rims I'd like to install on my 2017 Titan S (non-XD). Will my stock lug nuts work with the Pro-4x rims, or do I need to et something else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Best guess is no, the lugs from steel wheels are not likely to work. But, check that, because if your steelies are like the stock spare on trucks with aluminum wheels, they may.

Good news is, lug nuts are cheap and easy to find, if they don't.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've been researching this, and I think the stock lugs nuts from the steel rims will work fine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still not sure. Here is the steel wheel lug nut. It’s kind of short for the deep well on the Pro-4x wheel. Seems to have a tapered nose, then a straight section and a rubber washer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the taper matches the Pro-4x wheels, and the wider flare and rubber washer don’t make contact (those bits seem to center and retain the steel wheel’s plastic hubcap. I tried mounting one Pro-4x wheel and it seemed to work ok. Put the stock wheel back on for now. The damn lug nuts were put on with an impact gun and I think I ripped up my shoulder trying to break them loose.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Really only three things matter here (since we know the threads are the same regardless of wheel material. The lug nut needs to have the correct taper. You've assessed that and it apparently does. It needs to fit in the recess in the wheel (which is what I thought wouldn't work, but apparently does). And it needs to have sufficient lug bore depth (threaded depth) to fully seat on the rim rather than bottom on the lug. That's an easy test - run a lug nut down and bottom it out with no wheel on the hub (not torqued down, just run it down until it stops). Measure the distance from the end of the taper to the hub face. If that's not noticeably shorter than the thickness of the wheel from taper to rear hub face on the wheel, you've got issues.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help on this. I do believe these will work. The wheel I test fitted them on had no interference issues, and the wider flare/flange still cleared the lug nut tunnel. I've also checked for aftermarket lug nuts, and the McGuard 64003 is listed as exact fit, for both my truck and a 2015 Pro-4x, and they seem to be 1/4" shorter in length. Still use stock lug wrench. So I'll get some if my stock ones cause problems.

Mc Gard Wheel Nut 64003

1 - 9 of 9 Posts