Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just asking before I order my parts.

I have a 2004 4x4 and planned on running 5100s all around (on lowest setting), and a PRG mini lift (2" front, 1.5" rear).

My only question is will I have coil bucket contact? I've read that the 5100's on lowest setting give you 0 lift, but I've also read that the 5100's are a longer shock physically, so they naturally give you .5" of lift or so---even on the lowest setting.

I do not want to buy aftermarket UCA's.

Any input / experience is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Pretty sure they updated the 5100's to the correct length a few years ago. Lowest setting would be direct replacement height-wise.

Usually around 2" in the front is where people start experiencing CBC. I have a 2" spacer and I had some small CBC. Enough to put a notch on the bucket, but not enough to do serious damage to anything. Just made a loud squeak whenever I went over a large bump and it drooped far enough.

Reactions: napz04SE

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man. I think i'm going to take my chances with this setup. I have no problem grinding down the coil bucket.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pretty sure they updated the 5100's to the correct length a few years ago. Lowest setting would be direct replacement height-wise.

Usually around 2" in the front is where people start experiencing CBC. I have a 2" spacer and I had some small CBC. Enough to put a notch on the bucket, but not enough to do serious damage to anything. Just made a loud squeak whenever I went over a large bump and it drooped far enough.
You've got CBC with a 2" spacer and DK UCA's? Pray tell, I thought one'd be safe with the UCA's. Working on a plan to do mine inc new UCA but don't want to spend all the $$ and still have CBC.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Thanks man. I think i'm going to take my chances with this setup. I have no problem grinding down the coil bucket.
I would be extremely careful about grinding the coil bucket down. The reason these vehicles are designed to have the factory upper control arm contact the coil bucket is to prevent the upper arm from over extending and breaking ball joints. If you eliminate the contact the on the coil bucket the next point the stress will be transferred to is the ball joint which can completely fail if under too much load.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have 1.5 PRG's on the front with 5100's on all 4 corners and my right side has a small notch where it hit from CBC. Kinda surprised to see that.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I have DK arm's (Thanks Nick) running them with a 1.5" spacer and 5100's on the middle setting for 2.5" of lift, plenty of clearance. That being said, on an 04 4wd you should be just fine with the 2" spacer and Bilsteins on the bottom setting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts