Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 titan motor going into my 350z race car. Does anyone know if an ls1 through ls7 intake manifold will fit the vk motor with limited modifications to the composite structure? I have clearance issues to work out and had the idea since they look pretty similar that they may be compatible.. thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
custom adapter, with enough time/money anything is possible. you might want to look at 4.6 and 5.4 ford manifolds, their intake to head angle is closer. or a vk45 manifold, the ports are the same but the manifold is not wide enough to fit the vk56.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
custom adapter, with enough time/money anything is possible. you might want to look at 4.6 and 5.4 ford manifolds, their intake to head angle is closer. or a vk45 manifold, the ports are the same but the manifold is not wide enough to fit the vk56.
i was debating running the stock manifold through the hood. I may see what the motor looks like with the cover. I also may try to shave and shape my hood around the vk engine cover so that way it looks to be a part of my Z hood... Its going to have show appeal but be ready for full out race.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Wilson Manifolds has a custom sheet metal intake manifold for the VK56. Im pretty sure that manifold was used on Chris Forsberg's VK56 powered 350z drift car.

but the down side to wilson manifold is uber expensive!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wilson Manifolds has a custom sheet metal intake manifold for the VK56. Im pretty sure that manifold was used on Chris Forsberg's VK56 powered 350z drift car.

but the down side to wilson manifold is uber expensive!

Is there a website for the manifold? I kinda thought parts for the motor would be expensive. New pistons from CP a $1400. I need to work out the manifold issue or cut my hood and make the titan engine cover a part of my hood when closed.

·
Registered
563 Posts
What about a vk56vd manifold off the new m56 or qx56? Only problem is I don't think they'll have ports for the fuel injectors since its direct injection.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
One of the only manifolds that should swap over with adapter plates made is off of an 06 FX45 which has a 90mm intake manifold, there are pictures somewhere on this forum. JimWolf Technology and Nickspeed were doing work on this manifold setup. Not sure if its finished yet or not, haven't heard much about it in a while, i'm sure JWT and Nickspeed are busy with other projects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts