Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Nitto says 9" minimum on their spec sheet, but lots of people run 325's on the stock 18x8" rims, especially in the shorter LT325/60R18.
You will need a leveling kit and probably front mudguard removal, plus the pinch weld mod to fit the LT325?65R18 because they are almost 35" diameter. Their sidewalls should get pulled in by the 8's to about 12.5".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nitto says 9" minimum on their spec sheet, but lots of people run 325's on the stock 18x8" rims, especially in the shorter LT325/60R18.
You will need a leveling kit and probably front mudguard removal, plus the pinch weld mod to fit the LT325?65R18 because they are almost 35" diameter. Their sidewalls should get pulled in by the 8's to about 12.5".
Thank you my friend. All this is new to me. Trying to piece together Rims/tires/leveling kit. Will this set up make me look like some kind of an amateur or what?

·
Registered
777 Posts
They probably won't clear on a 2wd, but they should on 4wd. Mine still rubbed on mine with 6.5" of lift up front.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
They probably won't clear on a 2wd, but they should on 4wd. Mine still rubbed on mine with 6.5" of lift up front.
With stock rims or your XD's?

·
Registered
777 Posts
The XD's but they still would have on stock I bet, My 325/60/18's barely cleared with a 2.5" level.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The XD's but they still would have on stock I bet, My 325/60/18's barely cleared with a 2.5" level.
I've seen at least one post where someone fit the LT325/60R18 w/o a leveling kit on stock rims. It's all about how far the rim sticks out that causes rubbing at the pinch weld. Stock rims have 5.5" backspacing, and are 8" wide. A 4.5" backspacing sticks an 8" width rim out an inch more, (like mine). A typical 9" rim, (with 4.5" backspacing), sticks the outside out 2" more than stock. Even with the +18 mm offset a 9" XD will stick out 3/4" more than stock.

Stock rims or equivalent width and backspacing are the key to fitting large tires, with minimal trimming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts