Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of ordering a Titan. Don't know if it will be found somewhere on someone's lot, or ordered from the factory.

Will it fit in my garage? I will measure it tonight, but it's a pretty standard garage here in Fla. My Frontier CC short bed with 8 to 12 extra inches of bumper guard fits with about 6 to 8 inches to spare. Anybody know the measurements of the truck length and/or your garage if you park it there.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Do what I did. Test drive it home and park it in the garage. If it fits, buy it. If it doesn't move to a new house with a bigger garage and buy it anyway.

BTW, mine just barely fits with my workbench in front of it but I do have an extended length garage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
FLfinfan said:
I am in the process of ordering a Titan. Don't know if it will be found somewhere on someone's lot, or ordered from the factory.

Will it fit in my garage? I will measure it tonight, but it's a pretty standard garage here in Fla. My Frontier CC short bed with 8 to 12 extra inches of bumper guard fits with about 6 to 8 inches to spare. Anybody know the measurements of the truck length and/or your garage if you park it there.
The Crew Cab measures right around 18 1/2 feet if that helps.

P.S. I know this because I just went thru a car wash that had a max length of 19 feet and I was frantically looking through the manual for total vehicle length.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember right my garage is 20 feet deep (I could be wrong though, been awhile since I looked at the plans). If thats the case and the CC Titan is 18 feet and change, it will fit. I do plan on test driving one (will be 3rd time) and taking it home this time to see if it fits.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gotta watch those mirrors! I don't know how wide they are to the tips but thats one of the reasons they make a chainsaw. :jester:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Good one.
Not too worried about width. The woman's leased Xterra will stay out side. But if we have a hurricane this season......It probably won't fit in there with the Titan. Last hurricane that came through we both had Pathys and they barely fit width wise even with the mirrors folded in.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also...

Make sure you have about 6' 6" in clearence Clarence.

I just make the entrance to my apartment building's garage, and no longer fit in the many public garages here in Philly. :cheers:

·
Registered
128 Posts
www.durocab.com said:
Gotta watch those mirrors! I don't know how wide they are to the tips but thats one of the reasons they make a chainsaw. :jester:
Yea no doubt.....I bought my Titan LE with Big Tow and after getting it home it had only 3 inches on either side of the mirrors ( I have 2 seperate garage doors that are 9 feet in width). Let me say this it is VERY CLOSE.........in fact I have already had to wax out some paint scuffs on the passenger side front bumper where I got too close one time.........thank goodness after 3 hours of waxing and buffing it all came out.........It would have been nice to have brought the truck home on a test drive....but unfortunately I have no Nissan dealer in my town, therefore had to travel 60 miles to purchase mine.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
224.2 inches to be exact. Almost a half foot longer than a Suburban!

·
Registered
232 Posts
:informati
224 Feet? Is it articulated?

Bayou Titan said:
224.2 feet to be exact. Almost a half foot longer than a Suburban!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never thought about if it would be too tall for the garage, but thats a good point. My Fronty's roof rack makes it with a foot or two to spare. Width will be fine, depth I don't know. Height, I will have to check that also.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
geece1 said:
:informati
224 Feet? Is it articulated?

Ooops! I meant inches, I've edited the reply. I guess I'm another forum member that's been smoking more than my tires!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I work downtown and park in an above ground parking ramp garage. I see geece1 mentions 6'6" and that is so nice to read, I have worried about height because the garage is marked 7' max height. I have read the height dimension in Nissan's specs, but every time I have test driven a Titan I stand there looking at it thinking that sucker has got to be more than 7'...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
FLfinfan said:

Here is the link for the dimensions:

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelSpecifications/0,,24367|31949|,00.html

I have to fold the Big Tow mirrors in to get mine in the garage as the wife insists on exiting her car through the door rather than the sunroof, as I had suggested.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That was one of my main worries before I bought my Titan...we measured the garage and it indicated that all would be cool, but until I actually pulled in the first time and could even walk around the back of the Titan with the garage door closed, I was nervous...the radio antenna bumps the top of the door entrance, whereby my Frontier didn't but that's no biggie...I do have to make sure to center very well before entering due to the wider Titan :eeeek: but the Titan has it all over the Fronty and I wouldn't go back, easier parking or not! :cheers: Meaning, the '01 Fronty was very cool and I enjoyed it but thre's so much more to love about the Titan!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm 6'5", more with boots on, and I am taller than my Titan. I almost bump my head on my garage door, the Titan fits fine, though I had to zip tie my mountain bike to the ceiling to back it in!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was worried about this too. Mostly the width. The length I figure to have 13" left-over. The dealer told me the 78" width spec was incuding the mirrors.

After asking around, I found that not to be true. So, I brought a tape measure to the dealer. The mirrors stick out 8.5" (std ones). So, 78 + 8.5 + 8.5 = 95"
Standard garage door opening width = 96"
So, 1/2" on each side! lol :futwice:

Well, I guess I could always fold down the driver's side mirror for a little more room. I am determined to make it fit!

I will know in a couple months when I get mine (it's on order)

·
Registered
9 Posts
The usable space in my garage is 232 inches. The Titan is 224 inches long. It is also about 75-76.6 inches high (4x2 vs 4x4). I had to put two markings on the back wall with tape so I can park it exactly at the precise location. I watch the hood line very carefully as it must be within the two strips of black tape. I have about 4 inches to spare both front and back. It is a tight fit BUT it fits. I just have to drive extra slow I don't let anyone else park it for me. I had to practice several times before I got the hang of it. Do I regret It? Absolutely not. My wife and I love this truck. 2004 F150 Supercab w 6 1/2 foot bed is about the length. The new DCTundra is about 230 inches long. That would definitely have not fit.

FLfinfan said:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have a Titan (yet). 2 car, single door garage. During the hurricane, my Acura and my gf's Corolla Just fit. My brother's Tundra fits. The Titan is 6" longer, 3.5" wider, and 5.3" taller than a Tundra. With the Tundra in the garage you have to turn sidewise to walk behind it.

With a Titan, I think the garage door will have to be open to get around. A big pain to get to my work bench, which I use it a lot.

I have a Sliverdo Z-71 rental because my car is having it's tranny replaced. 3.5 longer than a Titan, 9.4 than the Tundra. Does not fit, been parking it on the street. :crying: My brother is happy, he gets the garage. :jester: If I get a Titan, it may not be a full time garage queen. :crying:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts