Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new truck last night. Radiant Silver LE CC 4X4! I love the truck so far but I have two questions.

With the sunroof open and the windows closed, there is a lot of turbulence. Does the sunroof wind deflector help any? Does it make it noisier?

Finally, I noticed while driving it home that I have a rattle in the steering wheel area, not all the time and not loud but noticeable. Has anyone else heard this noise? No, it is not the keys.

Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
casique said:
... Has anyone else heard this noise? No, it is not the keys.

Thanks
Jeez, I was ready to pounce on that one and ask about the keyS :teethmast :cheers:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The wind deflecter will help alot. Had it on a couple other cars/trucks and it always helped. The poor mans fix would be to open your sliding back window and the wind that is making the noise should go out the back window. When I have both back windows down (dog in back seat area) and the whomp whomp whomp sound starts happening, I crack a front window and/or stop and open the slider.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FLfinfan said:
The wind deflecter will help alot. Had it on a couple other cars/trucks and it always helped. The poor mans fix would be to open your sliding back window and the wind that is making the noise should go out the back window. When I have both back windows down (dog in back seat area) and the whomp whomp whomp sound starts happening, I crack a front window and/or stop and open the slider.
Thanks FLfinman. I'll get the wind deflector and see how it goes!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
casique said:
I picked up my new truck last night. Radiant Silver LE CC 4X4! I love the truck so far but I have two questions.

With the sunroof open and the windows closed, there is a lot of turbulence. Does the sunroof wind deflector help any? Does it make it noisier?

Finally, I noticed while driving it home that I have a rattle in the steering wheel area, not all the time and not loud but noticeable. Has anyone else heard this noise? No, it is not the keys.

Thanks
I hear a slight creaking noise right behind the wheel (kinda where that plastic area is that curves behind the wheel and above the gauges)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
its the dash gauge bezel mine did this to and i had to hit it a couple of times over a couple weeks finally it shut up. i dont think it was pushed all the way into the clips until i whacked it 1, 2, 3, well i lost count but it did quit after a few beatings :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Also agree on the sunroof wind deflector. My wifes 'old' pathfinder (99.5) had a lot of turbulence as well until I put one on it then it was nice and quiet. Gave it just enough lift on the air to not 'catch' the rear portion of the opening that was causing the noise. Since the Titan is more raked, I can imagine it is catching the air at the back even more than the old pathy did. Can't see how adding a deflector would hurt either way :)

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
got_titan said:
its the dash gauge bezel mine did this to and i had to hit it a couple of times over a couple weeks finally it shut up. i dont think it was pushed all the way into the clips until i whacked it 1, 2, 3, well i lost count but it did quit after a few beatings :jester:
I just pulled it back a little, but it keeps coming almost every day, so for now i put a piece of black tape in there.

·
Registered
662 Posts
StvMLNJ said:
I just pulled it back a little, but it keeps coming almost every day, so for now i put a piece of black tape in there.
Have the dealer fix it. They fixed mine 1000 miles ago and no problems since.

·
Registered
128 Posts
casique said:

Thanks
Make sure you really want a wind deflector because once it is on the vehicle for a few months it will leave scuff-type marks, etc on the paint if you remove it from the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts