Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have quite a bit of wind noise on the drivers side, seems to be coming from the tow mirror? At first I just tried to overlook it but the noise is pretty bad, anyone else have wind noise issues? Maybe the tow mirrors are to blame? After fixing countless plastic rattles the wind now seems like an issue..........

·
Registered
823 Posts
No wind noise on my truck at all and I have the tow mirrors too. I've read one report from a car magazine (can't remember which one) that complained of wind noise from the tow mirrors too. I don't know why some do and some don't. Do you have them pushed in all the way (retracted for no loads)?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I have them pushed in all the way. No noise from the passenger side either. I guess I should have a look into the door seal. Thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
That would be a good start Skip, it might not be the mirror at all. There's a trim piece up against the door frame that the mirror attaches to that might be letting in some noise. Please let us know what you find out in case anyone else has this problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to start with the door seal where it meets the A pillar, the intersetion of the pillar, the door and the fender, the seal there is very thin and is the leading edge of the door. I will work my way around the seal until I find it. Thanks for the tips, I will let you know how I come out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts