Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sprung to get my front windows tinted to match the rear. On the outside the tint is exactly the same but on the inside the front is a little darker. Is the rear windows tinted by a film or is the tint made into the window itself. What I am looking for is if its the film can it be removed so I can have the same tint from the front put throughout the rest of the cab. Let me know if this is confusing.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
the rear is not a tint. it's privacy glass. that's why your fronts are darker. if you want it to match better from the inside, do the rear same % as you did your fronts..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I have the rears done the same % wont that be doubling the tint... Sorry I've never been that big into tinting and the "privacy glass". Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
75,083 Posts
If I have the rears done the same % wont that be doubling the tint... Sorry I've never been that big into tinting and the "privacy glass". Thanks for the help
yes..... you'll have to add a layer of film to the factory privacy glass...

simple answer is they won't match 100%... how badly does it bother you?

my fronts are the same percentage as the rears but the rear privacy has an amber hue where the front windows are more of a blue.

it bugs me but from outside it's the exact same!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you could say that i have a little case of OCD. When I sit in the front its dark(er) and when I look back twards the back its just like someone rolled down the windows .... almost..

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
If you go to a good shop, they should be able to match it exactly. I had limo done on the front, and they put something like 26% on the rears. They look identical from inside and out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Im going to call the shop tomorrow and see if they can match it. Ive called some friends that have had the shop do them and they said that they didn't have a problem when they got theirs done. Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
So they don't have to redo the fronts, they should be able to put a very light tint on the rears and it should look the same...

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
or just do what im planning on doing in the future, make the rear tint alot darker
But then the front won't match...down here, they don't really give you a problem with tint. If you make the rear a lot darker then you'll have to redo the fronts to match.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
the rear privacy glass has no film. it's in the window so it wouldn't be dubbin up on the film. take it to the shop and they'll hook you up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts