Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the specs are on the window tint on the LE crew cab? I read someone got "a 20% tint all around" I am curious what I have already got in the back.

Has anyone "matched" their front windows to the back on a crew cab? Pics would be nice.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Check the laws in your state for allowable tinting on the front windows. In Illinois and a number of other states, tinting them is illegal and will get you a hefty ticket and require you to remove the tinting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Washington State the law is 35% on all windows. So I figure if I match the front to the back I should be fine.

I have a buddy who just moved back to Sandwich, IL After getting his windows tinted out here. Wonder how he's doing........

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Panda said:
In Washington State the law is 35% on all windows. So I figure if I match the front to the back I should be fine.

I have a buddy who just moved back to Sandwich, IL After getting his windows tinted out here. Wonder how he's doing........
Basically if the officer feels he cannot see well enough to see you and the passenger through the window, you are in trouble.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wait … the lower the % the darker the tint. 35% is quite a bit lighter than 20% You will be in violation with 20% if 35 is the law.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what I thought, but they wouldn't be able to sell me an illegally tinted vehicle off the showroom floor would they?

Maybe they back windows aren't %20 when they are stock?

·
Registered
727 Posts
The regs are different in this regard since they figure you arn't driving from the back seat. :upsidedow

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just read the fine print. A pickup is a "multi purpose vehicle" so it can have darker windows in the back.

Guess I wont be matching my windows after all.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Panda, for what it’s worth I think for just the front two expect to pay $20-$30. Ask to see a 35% film sample, perhaps they even have an auto in the shop to look at. I think people do fudge 5% or so without much problem but I’m not suggesting this one way or the other. Ask the shop what tends to be popular & if they have some interesting input and or suggestion. I know very little about tint here... Good luck

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah man in NY its so low its not even worth spending the money. I mean you can get it done but have to sign something saying you asked for that specific percentage. Fines are huge (at least un hudson valley they are) because they want to crack down on it.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
With all the disussion about tinting, I looked up the site I had so everyone can figure out what they are allowed in their state

Window Tint Laws

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am going to match the tint in the back, I have gotten a ticket in HighSchool for Tints on my Camaro. Beating the ticket is easy, you get a buddy to write you up a reciept saying that you paid to have them removed. Go to traffic court present to the judge and walk out the door.

:upsidedow

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
I am going to match the tint in the back, I have gotten a ticket in HighSchool for Tints on my Camaro. Beating the ticket is easy, you get a buddy to write you up a reciept saying that you paid to have them removed. Go to traffic court present to the judge and walk out the door.

:upsidedow
I would love to be waiting outside the courthouse when you did that. Seeing the tinting that you swore you removed in a court of law still on your vehicle would get you hauled right back into the courthouse on a perjury charge and a possible stay in the greybar hotel along with a hefty fine. Your friend had better be a good one too, because they will be charged along with you for fraud.

If I pull over a vehicle with tinted windows, the first thing I do is call for backup, and then the driver and all passengers are made to get out and lay down on the ground with their hands behind their heads. I don't take chances anymore. If I cannot see into your vehicle, you are going to be looking down the barrel of more than a few police issued weapons.

Next time, don't be so naive as to make statements like that on a public forum. A number of us here are members of various law enforcement agencies.

Sorry if you don't like my tone. I just hate kids who claim they flaunt the law and feel they can get away with anything they want.

·
Registered
278 Posts
rrumaner said:
I would love to be waiting outside the courthouse when you did that. Seeing the tinting that you swore you removed in a court of law still on your vehicle would get you hauled right back into the courthouse on a perjury charge and a possible stay in the greybar hotel along with a hefty fine. Your friend had better be a good one too, because they will be charged along with you for fraud.

If I pull over a vehicle with tinted windows, the first thing I do is call for backup, and then the driver and all passengers are made to get out and lay down on the ground with their hands behind their heads. I don't take chances anymore. If I cannot see into your vehicle, you are going to be looking down the barrel of more than a few police issued weapons.

Next time, don't be so stupid as to make statements like that on a public forum. A number of us here are members of various law enforcement agencies.

Sorry if you don't like my tone. I just hate kids who claim they flaunt the law and feel they can get away with anything they want.
Hey Relax, first of all my family is well affilated with law SWAT Commanders Chiefs and everything in between so lets not get all high and mighty.

I didn't drive my car to the courthouse because that would be stupid.

But that was back in the day when it was cool to have the darkest tints so it was almost night even durring the day inside the car. (What was I thinking!) I was in High School a punk *** kid.

Now I am a little less inclined to get tints that dark I will probably just get regulation tints or as close to the rear windows as I can get.

So relax have fun on the board you don't need to police on the internet also. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I see where RR and Cienfuego are both coming from...'Friendly Debate' is good :)

There are many instances constantly in the news especially with regard of a family sueing a police dept etc for wrongful death and even sometimes winning even when dark tinted windows were a factor.

While someone may beat the system once...in the long run things will catch up to you. Hopefully for your sake its not in the form of a situational shooting vice a ticket...

Cien....I too did the same thing in my 'younger years' and yes it was even in the state of FL. I seriously think back now (Not just this, but other silly things I did) and say to myself...wow, I am still vertical.... :jester:

Chris

·
Registered
278 Posts
I wonder too how I made it to present day :jester: while I am still very young I look back and wonder WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!

I have been to one too many funerals for friends, one too many letters to rehab clinics to friends and right now my little cousin is in high school and that scares the crap out of me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow! I understand that risks are present concerning traffic stops, especially when the officer cannot see what the people inside a vehicle are doing.

However, at the risk of being argumentative, the display of arrogance shown by rrumaner is the typical elitist attitude that has people view law enforcement officers as nothing more than neanderthals who feel it is their right to demonstrate their authority, especially when it is completely unnecessary.

I am grateful that there are people out there protecting us and our rights as law abiding citizens. I am also proud to say I have several friends that do this noble and necessary job function. I have however, grown weary of those in uniform who frequently forget that it is us the taxpayers who provide them with their salaries and disregard the fact that people deserve to be treated with respect.

I guess the bottom line is that just as rrumaner took offense to Cienfuegos' post, his post was a reminder to myself of past experiences I had when I was being completely cooperative but was led to feel subhuman.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"I would love to be waiting outside the courthouse when you did that. Seeing the tinting that you swore you removed in a court of law still on your vehicle would get you hauled right back into the courthouse on a perjury charge and a possible stay in the greybar hotel along with a hefty fine. Your friend had better be a good one too, because they will be charged along with you for fraud."

I am a trial attorney and I have seen literally hundreds of witnesses caught lying on the stand, but I have never, ever seen a judge do anything about it. Once, I was present with a couple of other witnesses, when another attorney busted two cops fabricating testimony in public, in loud voices in the hallway outside of the court room.

Shortly thereafter the cops were caught on the stand given sworn, perjured and collusively fabricated testimony. The case was dismissed against the defendant, but nothing happened to the cops. And not to pick on just cops, there are zillions of criminal defendants caught clearly lying on a daily basis. Sometimes a judge will look over the tops of his glasses and raise his eybrows, but that's about it.

The only perjury case that I have ever even heard of leading to a criminal conviction involved a false alibi witness in a multiple homicide case.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts