Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have not been to a shop to see how much window tint cost. just wondering about price and if anyone knows for a good shop in metro atlanta area....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vegastitan21 said:
make sure they put moleskin on the window seal or your **** will get scratched. look for a formulaone tint dealer hands down the highest quality film.
i do not understand. moleskin?

·
Registered
718 Posts
My two front windows in 20% cost me $75.

Moleskin:
Apparently, the newer Titans don't have the felt strip anymore that protects the window from scratching. You can ask the tint guys to put a protective strip in the door that protects the window/tint from scratching.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I paid $70 for the two fronts with titanium tinting.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I paid $ 75 also. The mole skin refered to is in between the rubber at the top of the door panel and the glass.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i paid $180 to have 5% all the way around and a 10 inch strip across the windsheild

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I got 3M 35% (Legal for MD) for 60 bucks. They told me I already had felt and didn't need anything. Rarely roll it down, but no scratches so far, lifetime warranty

·
Registered
514 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I got 3M 35% (Legal for MD) for 60 bucks. They told me I already had felt and didn't need anything. Rarely roll it down, but no scratches so far, lifetime warranty
I would take a look I don't think any Titan's came with the felt. Should be able to see it right against the window.

·
Registered
21 Posts
it's only illegal if you get caught. LOL. I slipped the guy at the tint shop a $20 for the dot approval stickers, then tinted them my self. LOL

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
there are several good tint brands. here are a few you will find in the southeast.

madico and llumar are the best in the southeast .

solargard ,suntek ,and johnson are mid grade.

the thing you want to stay away from is dyed film. It will look darker but it also fades very fast and turns purple.

50 to 75 dollars is normal for two front windows in the southeast. if they are using dyed film 20 will match the back. metal films will take 15 percent to match the back.

The edge of the window should have tight borders and not a huge gap. i prefer to file my edges but most shops do not . I only do about 10 cars a year now for friends and family. . i taught my wife to tint when we had a shop in atlanta and really do not care to do anymore.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So Moleskin and 15% to match the rears...I think its about time I had this done :) Anybody know of any shops in northern Calif that do good work and use the best materials ?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tech12volt said:
there are several good tint brands. here are a few you will find in the southeast.

madico and llumar are the best in the southeast .

solargard ,suntek ,and johnson are mid grade.

the thing you want to stay away from is dyed film. It will look darker but it also fades very fast and turns purple.

50 to 75 dollars is normal for two front windows in the southeast. if they are using dyed film 20 will match the back. metal films will take 15 percent to match the back.

The edge of the window should have tight borders and not a huge gap. i prefer to file my edges but most shops do not . I only do about 10 cars a year now for friends and family. . i taught my wife to tint when we had a shop in atlanta and really do not care to do anymore.
just the info i was lookin for... :cheers: where can i find madico and llumar?

·
Registered
682 Posts
the back windows are 18%. i have 5% on rears, sides, 12" strip. i also have 20% on my whole windshield. paid 180 for all. if there is anyone in LV that needs theres done let me know and i can hook you up

1 - 20 of 51 Posts