Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the posts and didn't come across anyone else with this problem...

Just tinted my windows on my 04 Se 4 door. Went with Llumar, I have always used Llumar and it is supposed to be the best. Used 20% on the front 2 rolldowns. The shade match but the finish has a mirror appearance. The rears do not... I know its not the tint.... Anyone one have this problem?

·
Registered
969 Posts
It is the tint.

It will never match perfectly but there are many different reflectivity % types for the same transparency %.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
the tint shop i went to also uses Llumar and the options they gave me were different percentages of metalized vs dyed. for example dyed/metalized would be 90/10 (cheapest), 50/50 (mid), 20/80 (high), and what i got which was the 100% metalized and the reflectiveness matches just fine, or at least i haven't noticed any difference. not sure if maybe that has something to do w/ it.
i went w/ 15% tint btw and the rears still look darker but that's cuz they have more shade as apposed to my fronts that are illuminated by the light coming through my non-tinted windshield.

if you're not happy i'd take it back. they should have informed you of it's mirrored appearance. they might just be trying to get you to do the other windows to match your mirrory fronts....

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I used 3M I believe (went to tint shop) and I believe they used 15%..on a sunny day with the sun pointed at the side of the truck, the driver window looks exactly like the back window. And inside the view is identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts