Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In channel wind visors on your Titan. When I tried to install mine, the window went up to top and automatically went straight back down. Any idea why or what I did wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get the window to stay up. When it goes up, it hits the top and automatically comes back down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have the same problem from time to time. I agree with the others in that you need to not use the auto up function and just hold the button until the window is up.

Also, be very careful, if you have a king cab, to make sure you allow the 48 hours for set time on the back windows. I had some issues with them sticking on the window especially while driving at Interstate speeds.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You're kidding me, right? The window visors are out there on all kinds of vehicles..... Maybe you just aren't sure what they were called, but you've most likely seen them.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I think I'd rather buy the face mounted kind so that I can keep the wear and tear down on my power window motors and still have the auto up option.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
baseballfanz said:
After installation, you need to leave the windows up for about 48 hrs. I had the same problems at first after installing my AVS but now it's fine.
told ya, did u think I was lieing? lol...

jasonmotox said:
I think I'd rather buy the face mounted kind so that I can keep the wear and tear down on my power window motors and still have the auto up option.:rolleyes:
See most people just learned to live with it if tey get it at all by not using the auto up feature... but whats the good having it if u cant use it :cheers: I just did away with mine after them bothering me and slowing my window motors down... and mine were the Wade in channels

·
Registered
433 Posts
I like the look of the in channel and put them on my king cab. They worked fine all winter and fall but now that i have the windows down more in the summer on the highway, etc. They wont roll up with the auto and sometimes actually hit the visor near the rear of the visor and go back down or click loud as they strike the edge of the visor and go up. Can be annoying but if I leave them up for a bit it works fine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
You're kidding me, right? The window visors are out there on all kinds of vehicles..... Maybe you just aren't sure what they were called, but you've most likely seen them.

LOL.........Yeah i actually just put em on my truck today, but why in the hell would you have a problem with your windows going up??? I guess thats
what threw me.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Billy K said:
LOL.........Yeah i actually just put em on my truck today, but why in the hell would you have a problem with your windows going up??? I guess thats
what threw me.

What model truck u got? Do u have the auto up feature? If so.. they will interfere... leave the windows down long enough and then roll em up with the auto up and they will not fully close all the time... ESPECIALLy, I have notice more when its HOT... and around here its hot bout 98% of the time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the good advise. I will try it again. Unfortunately it will be after I get another set. If you have kids you will appriciate this. After a frustrating time not being able to install these, I got PO'ed and laid them on my garage floor. Yep, as the boys were getting their bikes, they stepped on them and brokem in several pieces! LOL. How could I get mad? My own stupidity.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
jtyard said:
Thank you for the good advise. I will try it again. Unfortunately it will be after I get another set. If you have kids you will appriciate this. After a frustrating time not being able to install these, I got PO'ed and laid them on my garage floor. Yep, as the boys were getting their bikes, they stepped on them and brokem in several pieces! LOL. How could I get mad? My own stupidity.

I got the same ones I had on my truck... Wade Brand if ud be interested... one has a chip on an edge but where it tucks into the channel... u cant see it whenits installed... let me know... I sold em to another guy before but returned the money cuz I didnt have a box to ship em in but I got em boxed and ready if u or anyone else is interested... good condition except for that crack...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts