Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
If you put the key in the door and hold it to the left the windows will roll up
Ha Ha, that even works on the 2nd Gens, cool, thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah. Definitely one of my most hated "features" as well. I once inadvertently activated it by stepping on the fob (in my pants pocket on the floor) when stumbling around an airbnb in the dark. Woke up the next morning to my truck outside with all the windows down parked on the street in a strange neighborhood. Thankfully no adverse effects from this from weather or sticky fingers but it was still not a welcome sight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah that is annoying, you have to put some shoes on go out, start it up and roll them up. It is a cool feature for letting out the hot summer air before you get in though. But I'm sure most of you just remote start and left the AC fight the hot air and let the truck idle too long, also fighting the heat.
Yeah man... when it's 100+ outside during summer, I'll let it idle an extra minute so I get cold air instead of hot. As much as I love sitting in a hot truck with hot air blowing wildly on me... I'd rather just give it the extra minute of idle and beg the Nissan gods to let the truck still last a while.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah. Definitely one of my most hated "features" as well. I once inadvertently activated it by stepping on the fob (in my pants pocket on the floor) when stumbling around an airbnb in the dark. Woke up the next morning to my truck outside with all the windows down parked on the street in a strange neighborhood. Thankfully no adverse effects from this from weather or sticky fingers but it was still not a welcome sight.
Also, this is good to know. Literally did not know the truck had this feature.

Is it all 4 windows? One of my windows has an extra shade for my sun in the back stuck on the window.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am always using this on hot days. If you are that concerned about doing just buy a after market remote.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Damn this has happened 8-10 times since 08! I never knew what the hell was going on. Appreciate your help, welcome. I wear Levi’s loose fit but with a money clip and change then you bend over to tie your shoes a bam, I come outside and to find my windows down, interior soaked from the FL humidity. Now I know. Thx.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah this happened to a guy I work with as well. Only difference in his truck is mine is grey and his is white. We discovered his Windows’s down last week and didn’t have a clue how it happened until another Co worker told us the Fob is where it happened from and his never left his pocket and he don’t wear skinny jeans. This could be bad at the wrong time?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Yeah this happened to a guy I work with as well. Only difference in his truck is mine is grey and his is white. We discovered his Windows’s down last week and didn’t have a clue how it happened until another Co worker told us the Fob is where it happened from and his never left his pocket and he don’t wear skinny jeans. This could be bad at the wrong time?
Clipping the fob to a belt loop would be helpful, not a guarantee if you’re lifestyle has you bending and reaching all day but since it’s not contained in a pocket it’s less likely to occur.

Clint

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have read post after post dating from 2006 to 2019. Most, if not all, have attributed the "automatic" roll down to user error. I have had a 2005 Titan (off road package), and now a 2016 Pro-4X. In the 2005 my windows would roll down 2". Been so long I do not remember if they stuck or what but I took to dealer and they reset the motors. No problem after that. So, never had a window roll down in the eleven years of the 2005. I have had the 2016 for three years. Never a problem until last week. I parked my truck in the afternoon, took our parts for my 69 Javelin and shut doors. It was secure as I always check and we had a storm coming on the following day (Wed). My wife and I go to truck to load up with Thanksgiving items to go to Daughter's house. My front window is down 3/4s way, so is the passenger window. My truck is wet, I mean wet. We took wife's 4 Runner. Next day I vacuumed and made sure all was dry. I like most of you thought that it was the fob. But, I still had reservations as I wear lose shorts almost every where. Yes, even in winter.
Today, I went to store. I exited the truck, spoke to a neighbor who was walking out to the parking lot and then I locked the truck. I double checked and as I walked away, with keys in pocket, I looked at passenger door. The window was up. I came out and both windows were down 3/4 way just like on Thanksgiving. This would be great, just give the bad guys easy access to my tools, emergency gear, and a stowaway handgun. Coincidence. In my profession there is not such thing as coincidences, especially as this. So, 14 years of never once having my Fob roll down the windows without my pressing the buttons to twice in ten days. I believe there is more to it than the the fob buttons being pressed in skinny jeans (I have never worn skinny jeans). Anyone else with me on this? I might try and get a universal fob. But I think this may be somethin in the brain that opens and closes windows. It took it down 3/4s way twice. I would appreciate anyone else with like situation letting me know. And for others, fastes way to cool down your Titan. Roll down your back cargo window, open front passenger windows, turn a/c on high. Drive for several minutes roll up front windows. After several minutes roll up back window to one inch. Sometimes I keep it there as it allows positive air flow. Other times up for maximum cooling. Thanks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts