Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so at first I thought it was just a clever feature of the Titan that the windows rolled themselves down 2 or 3 inches when the cab temperature reached a certain point...to help cool things off. But now I'm thinking I was wrong. I keep it under a carport most of the time since it's not my daily driver, but I noticed it once at home when I left it out in the yard, and once when I brought it to work and left it out in the sun. However, yesterday, when it came a monsoon, it rolled the windows down all the way! Yeah, it's northeast Louisiana, and it's hot (past few days 105 and 106 degrees with heat indexes around 115 and 118 degrees), but I figured the rain would have cooled it down a little. It actually rolled them down during the rain and I know the truck had been parked for at least an hour before it rolled them down.

Has anyone heard of this? It's an '09 Pro-4X Crew Cab and it only rolls down the front windows.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool deal. Thanks guys. I called the Nissan place and they asked me to bring it in. I think I hold more trust for titantalk.com than I do the Nissan place...I'll try to stay off the fob!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
wow. the stealership strikes again. They should know about that feature. Did you go out and hold the button down yourself?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Take it to the dealership and ask them to deprogram the auto roll down feature. It is the truck computer and not the FOB that they deprogram. There are 3 levels and you want the middle level. My truck was brand new and under warranty, so I am not sure what it would cost. It took about 20 minutes,

·
Registered
17 Posts
This just happened to me as well. I don't think it was me that did it. I walked out to roll up the windows without the FOB after I saw the windows down, unlocked the door and the alarm thing went off. Tried starting it, no help... lol. Went back inside, got my FOB and it was dead. More honking! Found the other FOB and it was GTG. Everyone wakes up at about 0700, right?

So, it could have been my FOB that rolled the windows down and then killed the battery. I didn't think would work from where it was in the house. The battery was recently changed in the truck. Anyone think it may be a problem or just the phantom FOB pusher?

Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The battery was already changed on an '09? Why?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
no guys he might of not been sitting on the remote. the titans years 2004-2006 have motor malfunctions that cause the windows to roll them self's down a few inches or even all the way. i know this because i had a 2005 titan and i would hang the keys on hanger by my door when i got home. and the next morning my windows would be rolled down about 2 to 3 inches and was like wtf? so ended up noticing that the motors were not working properly. same thing happen to my friends 2004 and 2006. they rest of the years have been fine except the slow time it takes to roll them back up, im pretty sure everybody notices how slow are motors are after a while. but the only way to solve the problem of them rolling down would be to do a window roll up mod, the one that Pondtunes design and then i started making and selling a while back. for that you need a Altronix 6062, because it locks the windows to not roll down by them self's without you turning the truck or holding the key fob.

Reactions: baseballfanz

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, it was funny to me too until it did it in the rain. that time kinda pissed me off.

i went out to my truck after i read some of these replies, and yes, the unlock button on the key fob was the culprit...well, that and my office desk and my leg pressing the keys into the desk...

and talking about the 'stealership'...i took mine over to the nissan dealership a couple of weeks ago to have them test it for that brake pin/control arm whatever recall and they had me sign some kind of service agreement and at the bottom of it it had $99.99...I said, "Hold up, what is that?!? That's not for me, right?!?" He said, "Oh, it's nothing for you, that's the normal fee we charge to look at stuff that's not under warranty." $99.99 just to look at something?!? that's ridiculous!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, it happened again. I took the battery out of the other FOB before it happened again. It ain't me!

All this started after getting it back from the dealership and changing the battery in the truck.

Guess I have to go BACK to the dealership. I just got it back after taking it in for A/C 4 times total over a month (at the dealer). At least this is a new problem and I don't have to go back to the same dealership.

These $50 deductibles are adding up...

OT - Never go to Planet Nissan, Las Vegas, NV for service. I'll post the story sometime. Pretty standard stuff... they suck.

I'll let ya know what happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
no guys he might of not been sitting on the remote. the titans years 2004-2006 have motor malfunctions that cause the windows to roll them self's down a few inches or even all the way. i know this because i had a 2005 titan and i would hang the keys on hanger by my door when i got home. and the next morning my windows would be rolled down about 2 to 3 inches and was like wtf? so ended up noticing that the motors were not working properly. same thing happen to my friends 2004 and 2006. they rest of the years have been fine except the slow time it takes to roll them back up, im pretty sure everybody notices how slow are motors are after a while. but the only way to solve the problem of them rolling down would be to do a window roll up mod, the one that Pondtunes design and then i started making and selling a while back. for that you need a Altronix 6062, because it locks the windows to not roll down by them self's without you turning the truck or holding the key fob.

Does the delership have a fix for this? I'd rather just pay $50 and have thiem fix it... if this is the one problem that they actually can fix.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Does the delership have a fix for this? I'd rather just pay $50 and have thiem fix it... if this is the one problem that they actually can fix.
from what i know no they dont. thats why we have forums...lol cause we all ussually fix our oen problems....lol the stealership doesnt know what planet there in so doubt they know how to fix anything. i can give you the lift of items you need to build the gadget if you want or even you can buy them and ill make it for you. it should cost you like $30 for all the parts i have some parts still. were you located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep! They will do that if you hold down the unlock button the the FOB too long. Its a good feature but not good if its in your pocket and it's raining outside. I understand that feature can be disabled at the dealership. Thank goodness for this forum. This feature is NOT noted anywhere in my manual. I have a 2010 Titan.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Search feature is the shizzle

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yep! They will do that if you hold down the unlock button the the FOB too long. Its a good feature but not good if its in your pocket and it's raining outside. I understand that feature can be disabled at the dealership. Thank goodness for this forum. This feature is NOT noted anywhere in my manual. I have a 2010 Titan.
It should be noted in your manual, it was in my 2005 manual and it shows it too in my 2008 manual as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts