Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of wiper blades did yours come with ?

Ok so I had my truck for about 2.5 years now..I bought it new in oct. 04..

the blades needed to be replaced..I went to wallmart and got some anco...the universal adapter went right on my wiper arm but when I turn on the wipers they stuttered...so I returned them..

my next step was I called nissan and told them I needed new wiper blades ..and they said they can order me bladed replacements..I said that is fine...So I drove a half hour picked them up went home and they didn't fit...

I looked at the blade arm and it said Trico on it..so I went online and there is a Trico dealer a block from my house..I went there got new blade's + the blade assembly..

I then called nissan to complain about getting the wrong blades...he stated that titan so not come with Trico brand blades they come with nissan.

and for some reason or another the dealership put trico blades on my (new) truck...

did anyone else get trico blades with there TITAN and run into a similar problem.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I can't remember what mine came with but I just put on a set of the Bosch Icon wipers after the second set of regular blades(from the dealer) fell apart. These things are awesome...pricey, but awesome.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Treebasher said:
I can't remember what mine came with but I just put on a set of the Bosch Icon wipers after the second set of regular blades(from the dealer) fell apart. These things are awesome...pricey, but awesome.

Those might be the last set you ever have to buy. I put a set of Bosch's on my last truck 3 years before I traded in and they still worked like new.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Will the dealership replace the ones you have on the truck under warranty? Don't know if that falls under the bumper to bumper warranty. Mine are shot

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the time to go wait for a dealer, I'd just buy em and put em on. Better stuff available aftermarket as listed above. That's what I'm here for. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I wouldn't bother with the time to go wait for a dealer, I'd just buy em and put em on. Better stuff available aftermarket as listed above. That's what I'm here for. :)
Please forgive me I am a sucker for free stuff!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Still not clear though, will the dealer replace the blades for free? They will have plenty of time to while they replace the motor when my oil consumption test is done.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I would think that wiper blades are more of a wear and tear item so they would not be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Titan5683 said:
Still not clear though, will the dealer replace the blades for free? They will have plenty of time to while they replace the motor when my oil consumption test is done.
No. That's one of those wear items like tire tread or brake pads. I just had new ones put on during an oil change, it wasn't free. The ones the dealer provided were basically disposable and only lasted a short time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Treebasher said:
No. That's one of those wear items like tire tread or brake pads. I just had new ones put on during an oil change, it wasn't free. The ones the dealer provided were basically disposable and only lasted a short time.
Thanks! I didn't think they would

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Treebasher said:

How well do these work in winter? Seems like most blades freeze to the shape of the curvature of the bottom of the windshield, and end up missing spots on the up sweep because the curvature is not the same.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
How well do these work in winter? Seems like most blades freeze to the shape of the curvature of the bottom of the windshield, and end up missing spots on the up sweep because the curvature is not the same.
I hear you there... I put mine on this spring, no winter experience with them yet. Hopefully someone else will speak up that's had some winter experience.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use Triple Edge from Wal*Mart and have not turned to another brand. The water beads off. I drive by people watching their wipers at full speed while mine are at minimum. The only thing I don't like about Triple Edge is the first initial wipes, But once the wiper is fully wet, it works like a charm.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
My 04's blades were junk after about one year. I replaced them with basic blades, couldn't get my self to install the Bosch units at $21 each...
I do run Rain-X w/s washer solvent and it does help when(if...) rain here in Burbank.
I've come back from the desert at 70 mph and just turned off the wipers...actually saw better and quiter.
The Titan has so much slope to the w/s that Rain-X works really good.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have a set of the Bosch Icon blades on my Titan right now and they work great. On my previous vehicle, I owned the Michelin equivelant to the Bosch Icon blades and used them in the winter. The Michelin's (as well as the Bosch's I'd assume) worked fantastic in the winter. The only problem I had was when I would use my washer fluid to help clear the window and get off the thin ice, the ice would all clump up on top of the wiper. But, nothing a quick wipe off wouldn't fix. Yes, the Bosch's or the Michelin's are pricey, but worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Unlike ordinary wiper blades, there is solid contact all the time with these types.:)

*Note* make sure when you get your new wiper blades, they are of different sizes. ( I think the driver's side is 24" and the passenger is 21" or so). Though, I'm sure you already knew that...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
We quit selling Trico blades at our shop - too many returns with complaints, and in a small town your reputation rides on every job. We sold Anco blades for years and never had any troubles. You can get them at any NAPA store, you'll need a 22" for one side and a 24" for the other. If you want to spend a couple bucks more and get nicer blades, the Michelin blades are great.

In our part of the country, you don't get more than maybe a season and a half out of a set of blades - they just get worn out.

One thing: My experience with 'gimmick' blades has never been good, from an experience standpoint, I'd advise steering clear of them.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I have a set of the Bosch Icon blades on my Titan right now and they work great.
You might be right, but here in So Kalifornia we don't have snow/ice and lately no rain either...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ha, that's true. It seems as though you're not the only one's without any rain lately...we sure could use some, that's for sure. Here in the Midwest, the crops aren't looking so good...:ugh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts