Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im attempting to put LED's in my grill but I can not find a hole to run the wire from the GRILL TO THE CAB/FUSE BOX. So if someone could help me that would be great. There has to be a open hole somewhere i have seen people with LED's in there grill before. Thanks in advance!

P.S Sooner the better, I'm sitting in the garage as we speak trying to find a hole and i have always had this problem:bangit: lol Sorry had to say it, i set myself up for that.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I followed the hood release wire back to the firewall and used a wire hanger to push through the rubber boot. Hooked the wire on the hanger and pulled it back through.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
small diameter wire can also run through the A/C drain grommet on passenger side and there is also an approx 1/2" dia hole w/ black plug behind brake booster (look with flashlight from under hood) on driver side

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill check that now, anymore advice would be great so I have a back up plan.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for the help guys I'll let you know how i make in in about 12312312 hours because i'm never successful at stuff like this...lol

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
If none of those ideas work you could always just run it out the back of your hood, duct tape it to the pillar and run it into the open door, then tape it to your dash. Just Kidding, I'm sure you'll get it!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright heres where im at...I obviously got it installed and wired but it was wire the cig. lighter fuse so it was always on (did it for pics), now i want to some how wire it to either the dome light or the cargo lights but i dont know how to. I would like to do what ever one is easiest, so if someone can let me know how to do this please fill me in. Again thanks for the help so far! As you can see your guys help has helped me make progress!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The light hardly draws any it just the fact i want it to come on when i unlock the doors and what not... know what i mean?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
The cargo light wire is in the passenger footwell, right side behind the plastic, pale green. The light will come on whenever your interior doors or cargo light comes on, you can also flip it on using the cargo light switch. The LED's shouldn't pull much draw, you should be able to just tap into it. I'm running 12 LED's off it, about 1.3 W, no issues.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Depending on how much current it draws you can either tap an existing circuit directly for power or tap to trigger a relay. What I would do is use a relay and a three position switch to switch the relay trigger lead so I would have the choice of OFF-ON-ON w/dome lights.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After dinner im going to try to tap into it, ill let ya know how it goes, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is so many that pale green isnt doing justice lol idk which one it is...hellllp

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
On my truck, solid pale green, no stripes, no dots, little thicker than most wires under there. It was toward the back of the bundle of wires. Wow didn't realize it sorry for the bad pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its almost like a light blue right.... I think ik what one ur talkin about

·
Registered
8,175 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What gauge wire is that...im just wondering because im buying the quick splice connectors but i dont know what gauge the wire is....?.?.?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
18 or 20, the wire I connected with is 18 but I think the wire in the truck is 20.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts