Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want to swap my wiring harness out with one from an SE... Can anyone tell me if there is a dealership in the Houston area that will help me with this, because my local one will not help. As far as I know the only thing the SE has the XE doesnt, is the Power adjustable pedals, the power seats, and the shifter and console of course. Before anyone says why don't buy a SE. The answer is because I just purchased my T and I couldnt pass up the deal they had on the XE, so here I am switching stuff out. Now can anyone tell me what parts I will probably need for this.

I dont know if the BCM is the same I know I will need a new cluster, harness, the adjustable pedal bracket, the power seats, I already have the center console and shifter. I need some assistance in this please so people chime in.

Also if people can help me figure all this out I will do a write-up incase any other XE owners want to do the swap.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You should be able to keep your BCM and all your current fuse boxes and computers. The SE wiring has all the same wires as the XE just has the extra wires for all the extra options. So plug all the extra options in and you should be good. You shouldn't even have to reprogram the BCM since the SE doesnt have any memory options.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really Thank you...I needed someone to help me with this and now I am having the extra confidence to do the swap. Do you know how the harness works? Well what I mean is in the parts diagram there is a harness called the egi harness that comes through the center of the dash and I assume it plugs into the BCM for the engine monitoring...The the main harness comes out of the BCM into all the rest of the components on the vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idk yet I mean I have the seats already the console and shifter already, all I need is the adjustable pedals, the switch, and I think thats all so I might just buy the harness new since thats all I really need to do this as far as I know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I was thinking that, I am just sooo OCD it will me hard to get over it unless I know it at least looks factory.

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
I might be wrong, which I feel as though the chances might be pretty high. But don't they use the same harness for all the trucks and just uncover the connections of the harness that are needed? To me it would seem like too much of a cost issue if they put a different harness in each model. The reason I'm saying this is because I have an SE, did not come with any form of Fog lights but all the harness pieces are there to be able to make the install quick and painless. I would only need a new stalk and the actual lights itself. The wiring is already under the bumper for it. As I said, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think thats all that applies is the fog lights because the XE 4wd comes wired for fog lights, but the xe 2ed doesnt..So Im not sure

·
Registered
563 Posts
One very easy way to tell to see if yours comes prewiring with at least the main switches is pull off the panel below the steering wheel and see if you have connectors next to your back window button. Thats where the seat and back up sensor switches plug in. They should just be taped back into the harness if its prewired.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I will pull the panels off in the morning and look, also since my truck is an 08 the back up switch is in the overhead console. I did notice when I was doing the shifter swap the harness that plugged into the column shifter had a little 4 pin harness taped to it and I have no idea what that went to. So I guess those will be tapped behind that panel and will be pretty obviously visible?

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
Well, my other thought process on that one is that I have the bench seats up front, but when I remove the center console and the cupholders under it, I have the plug for the DVD player under there as well zip tied out of the way. I don't know though, hopefully for your sake it's all there, that would be one giant pain in the rear to have to swap out.

·
Registered
690 Posts
So could it be that my truck is prewired for it and it might just need the switch?
I would think you'd also need the motorized pedal assembly. No way that would be pre-installed and only the switch was omitted....

Stuff like that is interface with other switches in the truck to prevent your pedals from being moved under certain conditions. If your lucky, it may be pre-wired, but you'll need parts to finish it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts