Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if you have to buy a Wiring Harness adapter for the plug under the bed? I can't seem to get the plug out of the end without forcing it out and don't want to mess anything up. Where in "TIMBUCKTOO" can I find one other than the dealer? Also, do most Titans come with a front liscense plate bracket or not? I figured that mine would, and I asked the salesman and he said that some do some don't. WHAZZUP WID AT?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm, my dealer told me my wiring adapter was in the glove compartment (not sure if this is what you are talking about - I've got the BT package). Also, the license plate holder was under the back seat. I didn't ask them to install it. I think (not positive though) that these should have been included. Did you have a checklist from the dealer when you bought your truck? Mine listed the license holder, not sure about the wiring bracket.

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
sss said:
Hmm, my dealer told me my wiring adapter was in the glove compartment (not sure if this is what you are talking about - I've got the BT package). Also, the license plate holder was under the back seat. I didn't ask them to install it. I think (not positive though) that these should have been included. Did you have a checklist from the dealer when you bought your truck? Mine listed the license holder, not sure about the wiring bracket.
The thing in the glove box is for connecting a trailer brake controller to the plug under the dash. I think the original post is about hooking up a trailer electrical connector at the back of the truck by the hitch. (The one that you already have with the towing option).

·
Registered
429 Posts
ttammunek04 said:
Hello all,

I was wondering if you have to buy a Wiring Harness adapter for the plug under the bed? I can't seem to get the plug out of the end without forcing it out and don't want to mess anything up. Where in "TIMBUCKTOO" can I find one other than the dealer? Also, do most Titans come with a front liscense plate bracket or not? I figured that mine would, and I asked the salesman and he said that some do some don't. WHAZZUP WID AT?
Don't worry about messing it up mine was just tie wrapped. I cut the tie and have access to the connector. I got my harness adapter from www.etrailer.com for approx.$35.00 if I remember correctly. Goes on w/no problems. I'm assuming you don't have the tow package because if you do yours should have the factory adaptor already installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey 1titan,

I have an aftermarket hitch and am having trouble with both the hitch dealer and the Titan dealer understanding what kind of adaptor I need. Hitch dealer says the Titan dealer has to order it and the Titan dealer doesn't seem to know squat.

Do you have a part number from e-trailer.com. They have a huge selection and I need a little help.

Thanksh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts