Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Good find. Now let's see if Groin-boy agrees. If that's the case, all the Titan owners who thought they'd have collector item's will just have to wait a few more years!

Scarey part of the article, Titan production down 96%!!!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
This is good news if it holds true - nobody want a Titram anyways......

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
That'll ne nice if it stays around. Will give me some ime to save and get a Pro-4x

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I so hope this is true!!!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I hope it's true and Dodge doesn't ever get their hands on our Titan!!

Reactions: MayhemMOORE

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I don't hate the dodges, I just think the Titans are a much more appealing truck. Lets hope they don't try putting a 4-link coil setup in them ever. Imo that should be left to cars and wannabe suv's. If you want a nice smooth cushy ride then buy a cadilac not a truck.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Let's hope they decide to enter the 3/4 and 1 ton market with a diesel........

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Nissan is banking on Chrysler going belly up and freeing up ~350K units in the full-size truck market. Not everyone who wants a Dodge will go to Ford & GM. If a 1/3 defected to the Titan, it would see a nice jump in sales!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
If this does go through, i hope Nissan Marketing steps up to the plate and advertise the TITAN like a son of a *****. Ill do my share by ripping competitor's assholes on the street/track.

Reactions: etorres5

·
Registered
179 Posts
Except I would also like to see a 3/4 ton with the VK56 as well. I would be all over that!
35 gallon tank, lower gears, Dana 60 rear with locker, heavy springs, larger rotors and 6 piston calipers and a chassis for a flatbed!

I need a towel and a cigarette now....:eyebrow:

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
TMI!!!^^^^^^^^:rofl:

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
cool!!!! my next titan will be a 2012 model

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Lets hope they don't try putting a 4-link coil setup in them ever. Imo that should be left to cars and wannabe suv's. If you want a nice smooth cushy ride then buy a cadilac not a truck.
So you are saying that the new Jeep Wrangler's are 'wannabe suv's' ???

Not disputing the fact that c/o suspension does not belong on any full-size truck though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
" response to slowing sales, Nissan has dramatically curtailed Titan production. According to manufacturing data from Automotive News, Nissan produced 11,790 Titans during the first quarter of 2008 but only 374 have been made during the same period this year — a drop of 96.8 percent."

Wow, something doesnt seem right about this statement. I dont work at the nissan plant in canton. But I do know they have went to one shift and the armada goes down the same line so that will take up some production space . First quarter is 3 months, thats 125 units a month. 31 units a week . 7 units a day on a 4 day work week. Could that be right ? Maybe someone from canton could chime in.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Thats what I'm hoping for. I dont ever plan on getting rid of my Titan but i am gonna need something to tow it back and forth to the desert.:redblob"

·
Registered
122 Posts
dodge is not "getting their hands on the titan" nissan is simply using the dodge factory and building a NISSAN truck. saves on labor of the Nissan only plant since the numbers are goin down on. all nissan parts all the way through.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
dodge is not "getting their hands on the titan" nissan is simply using the dodge factory and building a NISSAN truck. saves on labor of the Nissan only plant since the numbers are goin down on. all nissan parts all the way through.
thats not what the original story suggested. The original plan was to build a new model Titan on the Ram frame, the doors and pillars would probably be identical, just with some remodeling of the nose and rear end to more closely resemble a Titan.

They did say it would share parts, maybe even engines with the RAM.

So anything to prevent that from happening is a great idea to me.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I have the lil booklet the dodge dealership gave me on the ram 1500.. says max payload is 1,910lbs. 9,100lbs trailer tow.
All on a multilink coil rear suspension.

That said, I would like to see a coil suspension on the Titan. After test driving the Ram, it was by far the smoothest ride (smoother than that escalade I test drove). And after seeing their payload and towing numbers..I don't see what the big deal is. If you can haul and tow the same amount, but have a smoother ride, why wouldn't you? :smoke:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have the lil booklet the dodge dealership gave me on the ram 1500.. says max payload is 1,910lbs. 9,100lbs trailer tow.
All on a multilink coil rear suspension.

That said, I would like to see a coil suspension on the Titan. After test driving the Ram, it was by far the smoothest ride (smoother than that escalade I test drove). And after seeing their payload and towing numbers..I don't see what the big deal is. If you can haul and tow the same amount, but have a smoother ride, why wouldn't you? :smoke:
ROFL!! smoother then an escalade? wonder if it's the same dodge ram i test drove a month back? maybe your version is also as fast as an Enzo. :)

1 - 20 of 90 Posts