Nissan Titan Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
According to to my friend that works for a nissan distribution center. Nissan and Dodge are together so that Dodge will build them a diesel and in return nissan will build a small compact car for Dodge. Nissan is really aiming for the 3/4 or 1 ton market. As of right now, no new titans are being shipped on a regular basis, maybe a straggler once in a great while.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
According to to my friend that works for a nissan distribution center. Nissan and Dodge are together so that Dodge will build them a diesel and in return nissan will build a small compact car for Dodge. Nissan is really aiming for the 3/4 or 1 ton market. As of right now, no new titans are being shipped on a regular basis, maybe a straggler once in a great while.
1) Dodge doesn't build diesels
2) Fiat will supply Dodge with all the compact cars they could want.
3) Why on earth would Nissan focus on the smallest piece of the personal use truck market? The Titan holds a small minute market share. What would be accomplished by entering an even more brand loyal and smaller market?
4) Titans are not getting shipped in numbers because it makes no sense to keep cranking out numbers for a slow selling product. The fact that Nissan recognizes this and is matching production to demand is a good thing. It minimizes profit loss. They are selling what they are making and not getting stuck with wholesaling Titans at the end of the year for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
1) Dodge doesn't build diesels
2) Fiat will supply Dodge with all the compact cars they could want.
3) Why on earth would Nissan focus on the smallest piece of the personal use truck market? The Titan holds a small minute market share. What would be accomplished by entering an even more brand loyal and smaller market?
4) Titans are not getting shipped in numbers because it makes no sense to keep cranking out numbers for a slow selling product. The fact that Nissan recognizes this and is matching production to demand is a good thing. It minimizes profit loss. They are selling what they are making and not getting stuck with wholesaling Titans at the end of the year for pennies on the dollar.
Please keep your rational logic...here at Titan talk..we like to dream BIG!! lol. i kinda agree with you. It does not make sense to continue the titan UNLESS they market it heavily like the competitors do. Before the new gen tundra was released, i prob saw 2 or 3 tundras a week. With a new generation truck and insane marketing, tundras are every where. I think Nissan has a great product with the Titan, but would be useless to continue it unless they invest in some serious marketing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hate it when i hear the old Dodge news from people, especially on here. I have a friend, when you start like that you loose credability. Your right Nissan is smart enough not to buiiold a bunch of vehicles that arent selling, unlike the american companies. Another reason they arent producing as much is because of the construction at the plant to upgrade to the new comercial lines. Hopefully the new lines will yeild a new titan. 1/2 ton 3/4 i dont care just something to keep the line alive. I have said it forever and it just got said marketing done right will sell vehicles. Especially when its a good product. Well all we have to do is wait and see where the titan will be in the next couple of years. Hopefully mine will still be in my driveway until a new designe comes out. Thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well here is another tid bit I just heard from my source (since friend does not carry any weight). Nissan is about to file Bankruptcy and like Chrysler, will try to reorganize.

·
Registered
394 Posts
my dealership said they are offering mroe then the trucks worth to get people to trade into new ones... i would consider it if i actuality got a good deal

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your link mentions the hiring of a new "Chief Recovery Officer". I work in finance and know that anytime somebody has to hire a CRO, bankruptcy is definitely a possibility. Let's hope they can pull out.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Your link mentions the hiring of a new "Chief Recovery Officer". I work in finance and know that anytime somebody has to hire a CRO, bankruptcy is definitely a possibility. Let's hope they can pull out.
That link reads like what GM and Chrysler should have done a year ago.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.