Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Nissan Titan LE 5.6

So my back tire has felt like it has a lump in it, a bump every time it goes around, gets faster as it goes faster. But it actually feels smoother the faster I get, but I think that's just because it's going around so fast it's harder to tell.

It's started out not very bad at all, now it is a lot worse. I have switched it with my spare, still does the same thing. I shook the bearing it doesn't seem loose.

I thought it was the front to begin with, but I see now if I look in my rearview I can see my back tire wobbling. It's not going around straight.

I'm not very knowledgeable about cars or trucks in general, but if I know what's wrong with something I could probably fix it. Any ideas before I take it to the mechanic?

·
Premium Member
68,134 Posts
How did you bend your axle?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you bend your axle?
Dont think I did... any way to check that...

First off I am trying to change the bearing. I have the caliper and break off. Now I dont sse the axle nut.... there is a piece of steel with a hole in the center on the hub... how to I proceed, it's part if the hub not a cover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I left the tire on yesterday and wobbled it and i felt a little play back and forth. Soooo.... I'm REALLY hoping it's the bearing... I JUST CANT CHANGE IT CUZ I DUM!!!

·
Premium Member
68,134 Posts
You can't just change it anyway. You need help from someone that has done rear end work before. I think this is way over your head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First off you should take a trip to the place you bought your tires from and make sure all of your tires are balanced. More often than not a decent shop will rotate and balance for free for the life of the tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably but I have the cover off, I'm trying to remove the axle shaft, the pinion mat shaft (the thick bolt(pin) that is in the middle of the gears in the differential) normally has a small bolt you take out so you can remove... mine looks like just a small hole (no bolt).. I heard it's a pin to pop out. I tried putting a punch in there but it's not hitting anything.
How do I remove it so the axle shaft can come out.

·
Premium Member
68,134 Posts
There are no clips. You need a draw hammer to pull the axle.

·
Premium Member
68,134 Posts
Then your going to the machine shop to have the bearing and seal pressed off and on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really appreciate your helpBut I got it out, which was really easy Once you told me to just pull it out.

you are right it does look like my axle shaft is bent, I put my 4ft on it. I think you were the one who said that.

And I'm not the best with vehicles but I am a general contractor that has to get back on the road tomorrow. Maybe I'll f*** it up, but I hope not
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
68,134 Posts
ABS wheel

·
Premium Member
68,134 Posts
Not a Titan, but same technique.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I appreciate you doing the research, I have two 4 foot pry bars and tried that with one person on each side of it. I'm scared of bending it if we push any harder. I'm in the process of cutting the end of the old axle shaft off so I can beat the Exciter off

1 - 20 of 21 Posts