Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Titan LE King Cab 4x4 with Off Road Package and Big Tow Package has developed a terrible vibration or wobble in the 40-45 mph range. It started after I hit about 105K miles and seems to be getting worse. I now have 129K miles and I have already tried replacing the U-Joints on the front propeller shaft which had no effect whatsoever.

Has anyone else had this happen to their Titan and is there a known fix. I could try replacing the front differential/carrier but it is a pretty expensive part to buy just to experiment.

Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated. Shims, driveline balancing??

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Look at the bottom of this page for links. How old are the shocks? Ball joints?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires have been balanced three different times at Les Schwab in Oregon. I also put Bilstein's HD shocks (yellow tubes/blue boots) on all four corners at 60K miles.

PRG Leveling lift on front at 15K miles, all else is stock.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I would guess it's a bad shock they do have 69k miles on them now and 15 of it with a spacer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i noticed a odd shake/vibration on my truck even when new at about 45 mph. never looked into it. noticed it more when it was new then i do now, im probably used to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forget trying to fix it. The Nissan Corporate Consumer Services states they will not try fixing my truck anymore with the same problem as yours because it is a normal characteristic of the vehicle. I am working on a Class action Law suit for this. If anyone would like to join please let me know. I will direct you to who to goto. Also I am talking with the FTC and BBB to resolve my issue. I reammed you also filing complants with the FTC and BBB as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine did it from day one. Starts at 46 mph, continues till 48 then goes away. I ended up replacing tires at around 30k and the vibration was much less. Funny thing is the tires I bought were used, and about 1/2 inch smaller that the stock tires. Changed my speedo by about 2 or 3 mph. I just replaced my tires again, with the correct size and the vibration is back! LOL. Should have stuck with the smaller tires. A few months ago, I was rear ended by some a$$hole doing lots of damage to my bed. Totalled the bumper, pushed the bed into the cab slightly. While I was waiting for my truck to be repaired. I told the ins company I wanted a full size truck as a loaner vehicle as I needed it for my job. They gave me a 2013 Titan! And guess what? This new truck with 11k on it vibrated as bad or worse than my 06 Titan does! I guess it is a problem with all these trucks, but changing the tires to a smaller diameter greatly lessened the vibration on my truck. Are you listening Nissan? (do you care??)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts