Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,397 Posts
DenverTitan said:
Oh, great just another problem I can look forward to with this POS. Sounds like the radiators are about as reliable as the rear diffs and breaks. My experience with Nissan has been horrendous. Larry Miller Nissan here in Denver is a joke and they know NOTHING about trucks. New service manager every time I go in for an oil change.
Dealing with Nissan consumer affairs might as well be like trying to get something done with the federal government. This is my second time trying to get them to buy my Titan back but I have 39k and I know they will screw me. Please GM get the six speeds in your trucks so I can unload this poor excuse for a vehicle! Japanese "quality" a myth of the car mags? I think so.

Why don't you go to the GM boards and whine to them about why GM doesn't have 6 speed tranny in their 1/2 ton truck. Hell, go buy a Tundra. Maybe quit going to Larry Miller Nissan?? Oh nevermind, just hang around TT and whine about your Titan more....................we all love to hear it!! :futwice:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts
vipzach said:
Why don't you go to the GM boards and whine to them about why GM doesn't have 6 speed tranny in their 1/2 ton truck. Hell, go buy a Tundra. Maybe quit going to Larry Miller Nissan?? Oh nevermind, just hang around TT and whine about your Titan more....................we all love to hear it!! :futwice:
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: probably won't help if we tell him everything is going to be alright. At least your resale is better than the cheby - just wait to buy something else a couple of months the big 3 will have incentives up the wazoooo to get people to buy their trucks. After that resale goes down for every year like normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
DenverTitan said:
Oh, great just another problem I can look forward to with this POS. Sounds like the radiators are about as reliable as the rear diffs and breaks. My experience with Nissan has been horrendous. Larry Miller Nissan here in Denver is a joke and they know NOTHING about trucks. New service manager every time I go in for an oil change.
Dealing with Nissan consumer affairs might as well be like trying to get something done with the federal government. This is my second time trying to get them to buy my Titan back but I have 39k and I know they will screw me. Please GM get the six speeds in your trucks so I can unload this poor excuse for a vehicle! Japanese "quality" a myth of the car mags? I think so.
Geeeez Denver 12 posts and 10 of them are complaining. Makes one wonder if you like you Titan or not. Its giving me a headache.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
vipzach said:
Why don't you go to the GM boards and whine to them about why GM doesn't have 6 speed tranny in their 1/2 ton truck. Hell, go buy a Tundra. Maybe quit going to Larry Miller Nissan?? Oh nevermind, just hang around TT and whine about your Titan more....................we all love to hear it!! :futwice:
Well I am frustrated as hell with this thing! My 2003 GMC Sierra had zero problems in 50k. It would be paid off by now as well. I also owned a 96 Sierra which lost a fuel pump and transmission but both after 100k. All of these problems are a hassle. I have to go to the dealer once a month for a new problem. It looks like these trucks are having just about every problem imaginable from the posts here. I bought the Nissan because it has the best drivetrain out there. It was a world of difference from my GMC. I love it but what good is it if I am always in the shop? I am afraid to drive anywhere outside 10 miles of the dealership for fear of getting stranded. No way to live for sure. The dealership and Nissan consumer affairs have made a bad situation even worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
DenverTitan said:
Well I am frustrated as hell with this thing! My 2003 GMC Sierra had zero problems in 50k. It would be paid off by now as well. I also owned a 96 Sierra which lost a fuel pump and transmission but both after 100k. All of these problems are a hassle. I have to go to the dealer once a month for a new problem. It looks like these trucks are having just about every problem imaginable from the posts here. I bought the Nissan because it has the best drivetrain out there. It was a world of difference from my GMC. I love it but what good is it if I am always in the shop? I am afraid to drive anywhere outside 10 miles of the dealership for fear of getting stranded. No way to live for sure. The dealership and Nissan consumer affairs have made a bad situation even worse.
We already know all this, you keep saying the same thing. SELL IT!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Wiscdave said:
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: probably won't help if we tell him everything is going to be alright. At least your resale is better than the cheby - just wait to buy something else a couple of months the big 3 will have incentives up the wazoooo to get people to buy their trucks. After that resale goes down for every year like normal.
Ok, maybe I do sound whiny but if you had my truck you would feel the same way. Especially after only owning three American vehicles with fewer problems combined than the Titan.
BTW Titans have the worst resale value as far as I can tell because of the problems. My 2005 BT/OR SE is worth 18k with 39K on the odometer.(dealer trade quote) My 2003 GMC if I had kept it would have 85k and still be worth 13k. It would be paid off as well because of the 0% that Nissan can't offer.
I think the Titan's drivetrain is the best out there but I just cannot deal with the problems anymore. I really love the off road capability as well. It is much more fun to drive than my previous truck. I would consider another Titan but the "service" I have experienced has convinced me otherwise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
DenverTitan said:
Ok, maybe I do sound whiny but if you had my truck you would feel the same way. Especially after only owning three American vehicles with fewer problems combined than the Titan.
BTW Titans have the worst resale value as far as I can tell because of the problems. My 2005 BT/OR SE is worth 18k with 39K on the odometer.(dealer trade quote) My 2003 GMC if I had kept it would have 85k and still be worth 13k. It would be paid off as well because of the 0% that Nissan can't offer.
I think the Titan's drivetrain is the best out there but I just cannot deal with the problems anymore. I really love the off road capability as well. It is much more fun to drive than my previous truck. I would consider another Titan but the "service" I have experienced has convinced me otherwise.
You only have one dealer in Denver?? Hummmm
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,783 Posts
DenverTitan said:
Well I am frustrated as hell with this thing! My 2003 GMC Sierra had zero problems in 50k. It would be paid off by now as well. I also owned a 96 Sierra which lost a fuel pump and transmission but both after 100k. All of these problems are a hassle. I have to go to the dealer once a month for a new problem. It looks like these trucks are having just about every problem imaginable from the posts here. I bought the Nissan because it has the best drivetrain out there. It was a world of difference from my GMC. I love it but what good is it if I am always in the shop? I am afraid to drive anywhere outside 10 miles of the dealership for fear of getting stranded. No way to live for sure. The dealership and Nissan consumer affairs have made a bad situation even worse.
Out of 700,000 Trucks, there are a small percentage of them on here!!

Get a clue, you're in the minority!
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
32,925 Posts
I think there were a bad batch made, based on what I have been reading not a BIG number is having problems over and over.

Yea some things happen, my real only problem was a bad sensor in the valve body. No biggie, it was fixed and its over with.

For everyone of your b!tches you make about the truck there are 10 others that never do.

I know deep down most of what is going on lately is all BS, I saw this last year at this time. People started having " problems " once the gas went up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
You only have one dealer in Denver?? Hummmm

I also brought it to John Elway Nissan because the dealer I bought from sucks. When I tried to show them the problems they could not "replicate" it. For example my driver's seat squeaks like crazy. I took it into my "new" dealership sat in the seat and rocked back and forth so I could demonstrate the squeak. It was very noticeable. He said "you don't rock back and forth like that while you are driving do you? I said no but when my weight shifts in the seat or I go over rough terrain it does it. Never fixed to this day. Had dealer look at it four times at two dealerships. I could list all my problems and how they have not been handled by my dealer or Nissan but it would take up an entire page of a thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
bbomar said:
Out of 700,000 Trucks, there are a small percentage of them on here!!

Get a clue, you're in the minority!
If there are 700k Titans on the road and if the number of rear diff failures reported to NHTSA is accurate, plus the ones that never were= BIG QUALITY PROBLEM

We are not talking about a wiring harness recall. This actually propels the vehicle down the road. Nissan is still putting the same weak rear end in these trucks. They know that no car rags will call them on it. If it was GM it would be splashed all over the front pages, that's the difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
P's Titan said:
I dont buy that one bit, seems like your attitude is getting you no were with the service dept. I'd say can't duplicate too if I was in there shoes
What attitude? A squeaky seat is not a problem? I believe there is a TSB out for this exact problem. My service manager did not even know what a TSB is! In addition the entire seat is slanted towards the door. I took the tech for a ride and he heard it, they just did not fix it. It's worse than ever. They are not used to customers who know anything about their vehicle or demand repairs be made. I don't think I am going out on a limb in saying that your average truck owner knows a whole lot more about automobiles than your average Sentra owner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,510 Posts
DenverTitan said:
I also brought it to John Elway Nissan because the dealer I bought from sucks. When I tried to show them the problems they could not "replicate" it. For example my driver's seat squeaks like crazy. I took it into my "new" dealership sat in the seat and rocked back and forth so I could demonstrate the squeak. It was very noticeable. He said "you don't rock back and forth like that while you are driving do you? I said no but when my weight shifts in the seat or I go over rough terrain it does it. Never fixed to this day. Had dealer look at it four times at two dealerships. I could list all my problems and how they have not been handled by my dealer or Nissan but it would take up an entire page of a thread.
How about minnesota? Do they have any more dealers in MN??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
beached_titan said:
so at 38,568 miles i took my truck to the dealer to have them check out the blown out radiator on my truck. i didn't even know i had a problem with my radiator until i did the oil change on my truck and saw all the old crusty coolant on the bottom of it. upon closer inspection i found the lower tank blew out at the seam. the service department was friendly and tried to get the repair covered under "goodwill" (hahahahahahah) and the service manager was trying "all he could do" to get me some help. i work at a dealership and when we want to goodwill repair something the service manager gives the yes or no, but not at nissan. the part number and labor operation number has to be run through nissans goodwill computer program and it spits out a yes or no. so after i got turned down i decided to call nissan corporate and ask them what they thought of their radiator blowing out and puking coolant on a 2006 truck with 38k on it. the first woman i talked to was very understanding too bad she was a secretary. anyways, after getting the run around for a week and all the "yeah we will be calling you back today with an answer" the best they came up with was "well what we are willing to do is split the cost of the repair with you".... which would have came to $350 on my end. me being a technician i opted to go with an aftermarket radiator for 180 bucks and install it myself.

just one more reason why i won't be buying another nissan.

i do like my truck though and im glad it's paid off. i just wish nissan cared a little more about customer satisfaction than the ol mighty dollar. kind of sad that an american car company that is in the middle of a buy-out can afford to and are very willing to take care of their customers in the best way possible.
So let me get this straight, your truck is out of warranty and you want it replaced for free?

So goodwill is to keep good customers happy and buying more cars and parts. So you won't buy another Nissan and you used aftermarket parts to fix your truck. Sounds like Nissan and the dealer made the right choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
DenverTitan said:
If there are 700k Titans on the road and if the number of rear diff failures reported to NHTSA is accurate, plus the ones that never were= BIG QUALITY PROBLEM
If it was GM it would be splashed all over the front pages, that's the difference.

ok a few things, out of 700k.. YOUR ONLY 1 !!
my seat squeeks too, that imo is not a quality issue, its just one squeeky bolt that needs to be greased...
why dont you just sell you titan and buy another all mighty gmc ?? get one with 100k on it so you can b!tch about that too while you wait for your 6 speed... if i was having problems with such a great truck with no warrenty id just buy another one ! after 30k i usually dont want to keep what i got anyways ! thats why i never have problems to complain about i only keep my vehicles for a year or so before i get the new model. and how would it be splashed on front pages if it were gmc ?

so all in all, sell your titan and ride your happy a$$ on a bike for all we care because its people like you who scare other people away from a great vehicle...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,811 Posts
DenverTitan said:
If there are 700k Titans on the road and if the number of rear diff failures reported to NHTSA is accurate, plus the ones that never were= BIG QUALITY PROBLEM

We are not talking about a wiring harness recall. This actually propels the vehicle down the road. Nissan is still putting the same weak rear end in these trucks. They know that no car rags will call them on it. If it was GM it would be splashed all over the front pages, that's the difference.
Have you actually viewed the NHTSA reprts for the rear diff on the Titan? Last I checked there was not even 100 reported. Even the poll here shows reduced failures year to year. Not exactly a plague. Go look up failures on Dodges. They have their diff issues as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
LMAO ... why don't people put up the cash for an extended warranty if they want things covered after their warranty has ran out?

2006 No Fear Titan, 38k miles ... had a cracked manifold, it was replaced under warranty in 6hrs ... plan on buying a 100k mile extended warranty ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I think nissan titan is a very good truck who cares about the service! I just wanted the truck! they are all like that at every dealer.
 
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Top