Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call this morning that my A.R.E. LSII cap arrived at the store. Unfortunately I have to go fishing tomorrow, so I cannot get it installed until Friday. Hard cover painted to match truck with mercury switch light and lock connected to the truck's wireless key system installed for $871. Photos will follow next week.

Delivery took 2 weeks from day of order.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Atsenaotie said:
I got the call this morning that my A.R.E. LSII cap arrived at the store. Unfortunately I have to go fishing tomorrow, so I cannot get it installed until Friday. Hard cover painted to match truck with mercury switch light and lock connected to the truck's wireless key system installed for $871. Photos will follow next week.

Delivery took 2 weeks from day of order.
Atsenaotie, I love that tint!! Where did you get that? :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New Cap is On

Here are the photos as requested, do they show what you wanted?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice graphic on your rear window

Man what a nice choice for your window. I surf and would love to put something like that on my already awesome ride. Can you tell me where you got it?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
497 Posts
SarkaZm said:
Damn, I thought you were very adept with photoshop! Looks sweet.
same here, looks great. can you see out easily? how is it compared to tint % wise?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does darken the rear view a bit more, but seeing through is not a problem. When you look close there are many, many tiny holes as though it was printed on a screen. The only time it blocks vision is when it is wet and the holes are filled with water.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cover with bed package

Hello

Did you have to order the clamps that fit around the tie down strips or did the cover come with that already?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
InNae said:
Hello

Did you have to order the clamps that fit around the tie down strips or did the cover come with that already?

Thanks
When I ordered I told them I have the Utili-track bed system. All parts came and were installed by the vendor as part of the price. The installer was new to puting these on, so it took two visits to get it done right. The system to interface the lock on the LSII was free with a coupon from the website. Installation of the interface system was $40 and well worth it as there was some drilling involved to route the wires.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The 1st place I checked (Topper Town) wants almost 100 bucks more than you paid for the same item, and the clamps are not included. I want one but I will be shopping around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
FLfinfan said:
The 1st place I checked (Topper Town) wants almost 100 bucks more than you paid for the same item, and the clamps are not included. I want one but I will be shopping around.
There were 2 vendors within 45 minutes of me. I called both, one was much higher than the other. I even called the high one back to ask if they were sure they were quoting the same thing.

The break down was approximately:
ARE LSII $747.00
Keyless Lock Mechanism Free with Coupon
Labor to install Keyless Lock $40
Light $15
plus tax and shop fee

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Atsenaotie said:
There were 2 vendors within 45 minutes of me. I called both, one was much higher than the other. I even called the high one back to ask if they were sure they were quoting the same thing.

The break down was approximately:
ARE LSII $747.00
Keyless Lock Mechanism Free with Coupon
Labor to install Keyless Lock $40
Light $15
plus tax and shop fee

Man wow, I have started calling around in CALI for the LSII and the cheapest I coudl find so far is

LSII $850
FABRIC $100
LABOR $190 ( for cover and keyless)
KEYLESS NO charge w/coupon
DEPOSIT $200

can you help me out a little as that is the best I could find from three shops, and it seems that you aoid a whole lot less, and the guy told me he would have to remove the fromt rails of the utility track system and drill some holes to mount it (although I am a little concerned with this drillign porcess--yikes!!!))

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
smoketitan said:
Man wow, I have started calling around in CALI for the LSII and the cheapest I coudl find so far is

LSII $850
FABRIC $100
LABOR $190 ( for cover and keyless)
KEYLESS NO charge w/coupon
DEPOSIT $200

can you help me out a little as that is the best I could find from three shops, and it seems that you aoid a whole lot less, and the guy told me he would have to remove the fromt rails of the utility track system and drill some holes to mount it (although I am a little concerned with this drillign porcess--yikes!!!))
Some of this may be labor cost. The place that installed mine charges $40 / hour for labor.

The keyless install was to take an hour, but took about 2. The only drilling was at the driver side door sill under the trim to bring the wires for the keyless lock up to a box. The wires leave the truck rear box through a hole 3 - 4" forward of the 12 volt power plug. This hole may have been drilled, but I think it was there.

As you see from the photos the top is clamped on and the clamps fit onto the utili-track. There are 4 clamps total. The installation of the cover by the manager and "morning guy" took over 2 hours after I was told it was an hour job. Because it took so long I had to leave for a meeting and come back in the afternoon. The cover had to be reset by the guy in the afternoon, who was also doing the wiring, to get it right. The cover does not touch the front utilitrack.

The place I went to in Ocala was about $75 - $100 cheaper than a place north of me. After installing mine I suspect they will charge a bit more for installation, at least for the wireless lock (which is VERY nice by the way).

I think the inside finish is very nice without the cloth if you are looking to save some money. I do not know if I would buy the light again. It is cheap, but a flashlight clipped onto the cover would do about as well and be portable.

If you are in central Florida call the Auto Spa in Ocala.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts