Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying a dash kit for 04 crew cab w/ graphite interior. I love the truck just want to spruce up the interior. From what I can gather Burtman Industries has the best looking kit...claims to be "real wood." I don't care for the Carbon fiber but, the red burl and light wood kit looks great. Any feedback would be appreciated! I understand once your install these kits they are a bitch to remove...don't want to geto up the new truck! Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
since you asked...

I think these kits are ugly as hell and spoil the interior of a fine looking truck. And...I hear they are a bitch to remove and cannot be taken out w/o evidence of their being installed. Why would you want to ruin the interior of your truck with plastic looking "wood"?

·
Registered
34 Posts
fubar32 said:
Considering buying a dash kit for 04 crew cab w/ graphite interior. I love the truck just want to spruce up the interior. From what I can gather Burtman Industries has the best looking kit...claims to be "real wood." I don't care for the Carbon fiber but, the red burl and light wood kit looks great. Any feedback would be appreciated! I understand once your install these kits they are a bitch to remove...don't want to geto up the new truck! Thanks
I will be getting one (ordered from Burtman Industries) tomorrow. Will take pictures, if I decide to install. He claims it is real red burlwood, we'll see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Point taken

newenglandtitan said:
I think these kits are ugly as hell and spoil the interior of a fine looking truck. And...I hear they are a bitch to remove and cannot be taken out w/o evidence of their being installed. Why would you want to ruin the interior of your truck with plastic looking "wood"?
Point well taken...my previous SUV was an Infiniti Qx4 that had one of the finest interiors available. Alright, I know the Titan is a truck & not a yupee SUV. It's just that the graphite on graphite interior doesn't stand out like a $35k vehicle should. Thanks for the Reply!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep me posted

StvMLNJ said:
I will be getting one (ordered from Burtman Industries) tomorrow. Will take pictures, if I decide to install. He claims it is real red burlwood, we'll see.

Please let me know about the quality etc...I was thinking of only using certain accent pieces but, I hate to spend $300 for something that may look like crap. Thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
fubar32 said:
Please let me know about the quality etc...I was thinking of only using certain accent pieces but, I hate to spend $300 for something that may look like crap. Thanks for your input!!!
Here is a picture of one installed in Armada. He said I'm getting same color.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
StvMLNJ said:
How much? Also, be sure to follow instructions closely regarding surface prep. You probably need to clean everything carefully with rubbing alcohol and let it dry real well. If you leave any remaining oil from your skin or Armor-All, etc. on the dash surface, it will be a problem.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
man this is tight does it also replace the area around the cd player? or just gear area? Do you have to install these yourself, does it come with directions

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
So these are like stickers of some sort?? please postt pics when you install , I saw these at a dealer in town and liked it. How is the qaulity of the pieces? Did they send instructions? Man that first looked cool, but now that I know that it is a sticker--hmm is there a warranty they quoted you??

·
Registered
34 Posts
smoketitan said:
just emailed the guy for an estimate--thx for the idea
Quality is really good. It is very thin pieces of red burlwood with 3M backing.
Almost finished installing it, will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My thoughts... and this is just an opinion. I would wait until a few miles were on the vehicle and the current surfaces were showing wear. Then order the overlays and renew the interior look.

Then again... just my two cents worth. GRIN

·
Registered
34 Posts
Kronos said:
I ordered a kit from www.superiordash.com last week amd should have it soon. I'll post some pix when installed. They have a huge selection of materials and patterns.
There is something You need to know. Once You start preparing surface(cleaning with alcohol)there is no way back. That paint, or whatever you call it, start coming off and leave all plastic touched with alcohol discolored.
BTW What did they quote You on price? Mine was $312.00 including shipping.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the advice.

StvMLNJ said:
There is something You need to know. Once You start preparing surface(cleaning with alcohol)there is no way back. That paint, or whatever you call it, start coming off and leave all plastic touched with alcohol discolored.
BTW What did they quote You on price? Mine was $312.00 including shipping.

Mine was the same on cost, I order the Rose-Burl kit, I figured it would go well with the tan seat inserts. I am surprised that alcohol would do that but I will be careful.
Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Brushed aluminum?

fubar32 said:
Point well taken...my previous SUV was an Infiniti Qx4 that had one of the finest interiors available. Alright, I know the Titan is a truck & not a yupee SUV. It's just that the graphite on graphite interior doesn't stand out like a $35k vehicle should. Thanks for the Reply!
Why not consider a nice looking brushed aluminum trim to go with the graphite interior? The posted pic of the Armada with the wood trim doesn't look too bad; looks like the burlwood in my Z3. Ford has woodgrain in their Lariat trim levels but it looks like something off of a Mr. Coffee machine from the 70's! I think the aluminum trim would look kinda cool in the Titan - tough looking to go with a tough truck!

:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are there different kinds of overlays besides the wood grain? I'm guessing they have different types of simulated wood too right?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow, looks very good in my opinion. I wonder if those are laser cuts? They look very precise.
Nice job, cool mod.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts