Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the dimensions are on the nismo headers...tube diameter and primary size....i never used the nismo headers so im not sure....also any input from guys that know there stuff about these trucks please chime in....if you could make or have built what would be the best dimensions possible for this truck

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the dimensions are on the nismo headers...tube diameter and primary size....i never used the nismo headers so im not sure....also any input from guys that know there stuff about these trucks please chime in....if you could make or have built what would be the best dimensions possible for this truck
Do you have a set of Nismo's available or looking for some that will perform close to them? The Nismo's are all equal length tubing, DT's are tri Y configuration, not equal length tubes, JBA shorts are just that, short decent length tubes to a 3" collector... OBX look like DT knockoffs, and the PaceSetters appear decent as well but haven't heard much about them except for one thread on here about someone running 14.1 with them... I would love to have access to a set of Nismo's or if someone would make some decent copycats would be nice too... (Of course all my ranting prob didn't help any about the specs)

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason im asking for collective opinons...is because im in talks with kooks headers right now on possible production headers for us....IMO and thousands of others kooks makes some of the best if not the best headers on the planet....if this happens imo these will trump even the nismo headers......so this is the reason behind my qeustions...i know ALOT a bout performance in our trucks....but i want something that blows everything else out the water....now what i was thinking is 1 3/4 x 3....? feel free to chime in...

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
the reason im asking for collective opinons...is because im in talks with kooks headers right now on possible production headers for us....IMO and thousands of others kooks makes some of the best if not the best headers on the planet....if this happens imo these will trump even the nismo headers......so this is the reason behind my qeustions...i know ALOT a bout performance in our trucks....but i want something that blows everything else out the water....now what i was thinking is 1 3/4 x 3....? feel free to chime in...
Well, I'll tell you what my thoughts are if I was able to make my own custom headers... The header flange pattern can be easily made off of an OEM spec'd set, the thickness needs to be at least a 1/4" thick and I would even have the OEM split in the flange to allow expansion (I tend to run my T a bit hot). I would go no less than 1.5", preferrably 1.75" pipes, measuring the longest pipe from forward position to the collector, then match the distance with all other pipes. The problem arises when bending all the piping from the rear exit ports to keep them within the general "shape" of the headers to be able to clear the limited space we have between the engine and undercarriage. I would use a minimum 3" collector, maybe even use a 3.5" collector instead, but it needs to be coned down to the OEM 2.25" B pipe flanged connector. The biggest problem I can see is trying to smoothly bend the piping to allow access to the header flange studs and allowing the spaghetti of pipes to fit between the engine and undercarriage... Let us know if Kooks decide to produce them, maybe a GROUP BUY incentive to get the product funded. (like the Berk B Pipes) "idhitit2:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
doesn't warp have nismos? i'm sure he wouldn't mind taking them off for a sec to take a looksy :teeth:

BUMP! cuz i wanna see this happen :redblob"

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
doesn't warp have nismos? i'm sure he wouldn't mind taking them off for a sec to take a looksy :teeth:

BUMP! cuz i wanna see this happen :redblob"
You get a new truck yet? Or they tell you how much they are going to give you for your truck???

And btw... ill thread jack him allll I want =)

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'll tell you what my thoughts are if I was able to make my own custom headers... The header flange pattern can be easily made off of an OEM spec'd set, the thickness needs to be at least a 1/4" thick and I would even have the OEM split in the flange to allow expansion (I tend to run my T a bit hot). I would go no less than 1.5", preferrably 1.75" pipes, measuring the longest pipe from forward position to the collector, then match the distance with all other pipes. The problem arises when bending all the piping from the rear exit ports to keep them within the general "shape" of the headers to be able to clear the limited space we have between the engine and undercarriage. I would use a minimum 3" collector, maybe even use a 3.5" collector instead, but it needs to be coned down to the OEM 2.25" B pipe flanged connector. The biggest problem I can see is trying to smoothly bend the piping to allow access to the header flange studs and allowing the spaghetti of pipes to fit between the engine and undercarriage... Let us know if Kooks decide to produce them, maybe a GROUP BUY incentive to get the product funded. (like the Berk B Pipes) "idhitit2:
thanks for the input bud....you have good ideas...but the 3.5 would be way to big..atleast for our trucks...3 inch would be max....i will be making over 500rwhp in the gto soon..and i have 3 inch collectors which is plent big enough....im sure they would make them eqaul length with a merge spike which is second to none...also with ball flanges insted of slip fit....and i have already talked about a group buy...which is a go as long as we can get 20 members....they asked me what kind of steel we would want and i told them 304ss...they use mild steel upon request...but i dont wanna go that route even if it were cheaper...to many problems with mild steel..as seen in the thorley headers...

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
thanks for the input bud....you have good ideas...but the 3.5 would be way to big..atleast for our trucks...3 inch would be max....i will be making over 500rwhp in the gto soon..and i have 3 inch collectors which is plent big enough....im sure they would make them eqaul length with a merge spike which is second to none...also with ball flanges insted of slip fit....and i have already talked about a group buy...which is a go as long as we can get 20 members....they asked me what kind of steel we would want and i told them 304ss...they use mild steel upon request...but i dont wanna go that route even if it were cheaper...to many problems with mild steel..as seen in the thorley headers...
Awesomeness... I, for one, will be second in line behind you for the Kooks LT performance headers if they can kick them out for a ball park figure of 3-4 hundo before coating, and I can see paying 5-6 hundo for coated ones... Oh yeah... Hey TUG, been missing you on you return to Titan ownership Thread too...

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol thats the downside....these will be pricey....about 900-990$$ its the price you pay to play with the best...my stepped kooks were 1100....but thats the thing they are the best....and would be the same for ARH to make them which is another top notch company....I would pay the 900 in a heart beat for these headers...

·
Registered
801 Posts
keep up the good work mike

Reactions: WIKEDVK

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I could see paying that for Top Notch Schit! And, yessiree, Kooks is both, and I'm sure they would take care of any customer care problems that might arise if, say... you live in a winter wonderland and they get rusty... Look forward to seeing how this goes, thanks for takin' the initiative! (just make sure TUG keeps this T for a second or two) :rofl:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I could see paying that for Top Notch Schit! And, yessiree, Kooks is both, and I'm sure they would take care of any customer care problems that might arise if, say... you live in a winter wonderland and they get rusty... Look forward to seeing how this goes, thanks for takin' the initiative! (just make sure TUG keeps this T for a second or two) :rofl:
LOL... let's hope TUG doesn't end up spanking that GTO. LOL

Good luck Mike with this project. Let me know if you need any help.

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL... let's hope TUG doesn't end up spanking that GTO. LOL

Good luck Mike with this project. Let me know if you need any help.
HAHA i could never let her truck be as fast my car thats just man law!!!!sure thing G i just need to gain some interest

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Distracted by me? No.. never... lmao... btw trying to tell mike anything is useless... he knows everything! God =)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts