Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be careful. The certified warranty is only a drivetrain warranty, and as Kenedy mentions above, 5/70K is automatic from factory. I've had 2 CPOs and BOTH are/were (one on Rogue, traded in for CPO Pathfinder) running concurrent with the factory. So, it is the 5/70K and 7/100K at the same time.

But, there's other perks like roadside assistance and travel insurance outside of 50 miles from home address. Which means they will tow your ride to shop and pay for a hotel without using insurance. So, that saved a couple bucks on the insurance not having to have that.

But, as always, read the fine print carefully.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I
Be careful. The certified warranty is only a drivetrain warranty, and as Kenedy mentions above, 5/70K is automatic from factory. I've had 2 CPOs and BOTH are/were (one on Rogue, traded in for CPO Pathfinder) running concurrent with the factory. So, it is the 5/70K and 7/100K at the same time.

But, there's other perks like roadside assistance and travel insurance outside of 50 miles from home address. Which means they will tow your ride to shop and pay for a hotel without using insurance. So, that saved a couple bucks on the insurance not having to have that.

But, as always, read the fine print carefully.
I thought titans are 5year/100k bumper to bumper ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I

I thought titans are 5year/100k bumper to bumper ?
I think that's on the 2019s (not sure about when that started). Bumper to bumper on my 12 was 3/36K, powertrain 5/70K out of the manual. And the 17 Rogue and the 17 Pathfinder were the same. Looks like the 17 Titan is when it changed.

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
60 months, 100,000 miles on my 2018, it help sway people on the fence. I just put 2,200 miles on over the weekend so I’m still thrilled at 29,200 miles in 14 months.

Clint

·
Registered
106 Posts
60 months, 100,000 miles on my 2018, it help sway people on the fence. I just put 2,200 miles on over the weekend so I’m still thrilled at 29,200 miles in 14 months.

Clint
Nice. I probably would've paid a little more for that. But my 12 Titan only turned 49K this weekend.

So Ace, with that information....My personal opinion would be the CPO on a 17 or newer is useless since the mileage limits are the same. Unless you want to extremely small added perks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know @Clint. So the certified 2018 pro4x has 18k miles. All packages except cooled seats and birds eye cam for $35k. Then there’s a 19 pro with all packages with 15k miles for $37500 non certified. Debating on both.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good to know @Clint. So the certified 2018 pro4x has 18k miles. All packages except cooled seats and birds eye cam for $35k. Then there’s a 19 pro with all packages with 15k miles for $37500 non certified. Debating on both.
If it were myself......I would just the 19. Yes only 3K less miles, but long time line. the 19 will still give you til 2024 and 85 K miles to work with.

So , really a CPO isn't needed in this case cuz that would only give you a powertrain until 2026 and the same mileage. Not Worth extra money for CPO.

All opinions, so take with a grain of salt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Local dealer has a used Nissan certified 2018 pro4x. Any benefit to buying certified ?
I purchased a certified 2017 Titan with 11,000 miles. Went from a 2003 Frontier. Such a great upgrade. My paperwork says drivetrain 7yr /100k miles, and balance of 3 yr/36 month on the rest. Really like the truck so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Local dealer has a used Nissan certified 2018 pro4x. Any benefit to buying certified ?
Mine is a 17 certified. 7 yr /100k drivetrain. Great truck so far. Went from a 2003 Frontier. Alot is so different besides the size. I love the truck, but I do miss the fuel economy of my Frontier. Such a change going from 26mpg down to 14.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I went to check out the 2019 pro4x with all packages with 15k for $37k. Didn’t even drive it. I noticed rust just below the 3rd brake light. Not just surface rust. Went down to bare metal. Didn’t want to buy a semi new truck with that kind of rust. Plus had some fender scratches here and there. Price was fair but was turned off by rust. So I’m back to certified 2018 pro4x all packages except cooled seats and birds eye cam for $35k or they also offered me a new 19 pro4x base for $37,400. Really wanted a titan with at least remote start,upgraded audio and utilitrack. But that 2019 new that they are offering seems like a good price

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ace, hold out and at least get the utility pack. The upgraded radio and parking sensors are well worth it. I wish I had the upgraded radio a million times over after listening to the base radio for so long.

·
Registered
106 Posts
So I went to check out the 2019 pro4x with all packages with 15k for $37k. Didn’t even drive it. I noticed rust just below the 3rd brake light. Not just surface rust. Went down to bare metal. Didn’t want to buy a semi new truck with that kind of rust. Plus had some fender scratches here and there. Price was fair but was turned off by rust. So I’m back to certified 2018 pro4x all packages except cooled seats and birds eye cam for $35k or they also offered me a new 19 pro4x base for $37,400. Really wanted a titan with at least remote start,upgraded audio and utilitrack. But that 2019 new that they are offering seems like a good price
That's a good price P4X. But good choice as far as the rust goes......that will only get worse!

Depends on how long you're willing to hold out. The 2020s will be announced soon, and year end deals are coming up to get 19 stock gone before the yearly taxes (which they will work IMMENSELY with you on).

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Mine is a 17 certified. 7 yr /100k drivetrain. Great truck so far. Went from a 2003 Frontier. Alot is so different besides the size. I love the truck, but I do miss the fuel economy of my Frontier. Such a change going from 26mpg down to 14.
14 mpg ? I would have to try and get that with my Pro4x. Meaning I would have to slam the pedal everywhere I go. Around town is 16-17 and hwy getting 19-21

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
14 mpg ? I would have to try and get that with my Pro4x. Meaning I would have to slam the pedal everywhere I go. Around town is 16-17 and hwy getting 19-21

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
My 12 gets between 12-13mpg. But I live in a HIGH , HIGH, HIGH traffic city. no highway cruising available here. My 16 Frontier CC would get around 17mpg and my Maxima got 17, also. So, depending on where spaceguy is locate, i would say that's good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to drive 18 certified pro4x with all packages except birds eye and ventilated seats. Was way better than that 2019 with rust. Plus I heard slight knock that 2019 when I was walking around it. The 2018 was pretty quiet. No knock. Dealer wants 34200 out the door. That’s include about $700 with of taxes and title work plus $1,100 of equity on trade. They basically lowered titan to 34,700 for this deal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts