Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get a buddy at nissan to do a 2* advance on my Titan for me? Also its a new 2011 is it needed? and whats a WOT new to the forum? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
368 Posts
WOT= Wide Open Throttle

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Yes, if your buddy can do it, DO IT! WOT (Wide Open Throttle) removal can be done via BDGT (Bully Dog) or Up Rev... In fact I am wondering if my WOT removal actually was left when I had uninstalled my BDGT? I know my 2* Advance stayed... Does anyone know if the WOT Restriction remains "Off" after uninstalling the BDGT???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Our trucks are restricted with the stock set up. When you pin it, the stock computer limits the amount of power that is actually put out. With a tuner and the wide open throttle "off" setting it overrides that. So when you pin it with WOT Off it just puts the power to the ground and goes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
see my sig!!!! you will be happy. i initially had the timing mod done at the dealership. I am not sure they will do WOT for you though. I am going to as a tech next week. I picked up a BDGT and reverted everything to factory then did what is in my sig.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
yes, but you have to get the GT....power pup is not compatible with 2011.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can adjust the timing and turn off the WOT restriction with the Bullydog GT. You will not see much of a difference in mpgs so just be forewarned. You will notice the difference in power and throttle response.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Everyone above has given you the technical reason for the two mods, but I'll give you the practical reasons:

(Also: If I had it to do all over again, I'd have kept my Hypertech Programmer for WOT removal and tuning needs and had the dealer perform the 2 degree timing advance. I got better gas mileage with the Hypertech tune, but LOVE the 2 degree advance. Hypertech will not give us the 2 degree advance, so I sold it and bought a BDGT.)

WOT is what happens when you stomp on the gas while sitting at a light or stop sign. If you have a 2 wheel drive, you'll notice that it is sluggish off the line until you hit a certain speed (40MPH?), then whoosh, off you go. If you have a 4 wheel drive, the whoosh comes earlier (14MPH?), but it is still a bit sluggish off the line. WOT removal allows you to get the whoosh as soon as your tires hook up. Or if you're in 4 wheel high mode, off you go from the standing start.

The 2 degree advance is more for your running start. If you're cruising along at 60 and get pasted by a Chevy, you push the peddle to the floor and your T comes to life and over takes the Chevy. That happens sooner if you have the 2 degree advance. (Either way, you're still taking the Chevy.) The 2 degree advance gives the T a little pep while running along. Some say that it hurts MPGs, but my guess is that's probably because they keep punching it to feel the rush. After installing my Bully Dog GT and installing the tune as well as advancing the timing 2 degrees, I ran like that for a month. After about a month, I took the 2 degree advance off for one day. I quickly put it back in place the next day. If you're a person that loves to pass people on the freeway, you'll want the 2 degree advance.

So, there are plenty of options to get these done. Like I said above, I would like to go back to the Hypertech tune with the dealer 2 degree advance. The only reason I didn't have the dealer put the 2 degree advance on is because I wasn't sure if I wanted it at first. I had to try it out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My only issue with having the dealer do the 2 degree advance an nothing else, is without you own tuner there really is no way to see it is still there after service and put it back if for some reason they flash your truck. The BDGT allows you to do it yourself. The Hypertech I had would not work on my 2011. I suspect because it saw a custom tune since I had the dealership tweak the timing.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
So my question then scotty is where around here can i get the 2* advancement without paying my firstborn to? I have seen all ove the forum that BDGT is the way to go but its another item on my ever growing list of mods that the only way i am getting soon is to win powerbal or be adopted by Donald Trump.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A dealsership with a Master Tech will do it for about $50;The usual charge around here is half an hour of labor. Mine was done for free as a test since they had never done that MOD on a 2011. The tech told me the usual charge.

Did you read the sticky poll on this topic?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A dealsership with a Master Tech will do it for about $50;The usual charge around here is half an hour of labor. Mine was done for free as a test since they had never done that MOD on a 2011. The tech told me the usual charge.

Did you read the sticky poll on this topic?
Yeah I went thru 48 pgs and the one guy that did this locally NOT the dealer has moved. Was hoping someone locally has the scanner but I think Im gonna order the BDGT next week so nbd then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts