Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had the cortex for about a month now, and i have installed several different tunes on my truck.

my father has 07 cc 2wd and i decided to let him try it out so he could see if it was worth it for him to buy one as well. while installing the 87 performance on his truck i noticed that he had a WOT restriction submenu for the advanced tune and we naturally removed the WOT restriction.

when installing any of the tunes on my 08 pro4x this menu is not there. Does this mean that my WOT restriction is not being removed? or since i am 4x4 and my WOT restriction is only until 14mph instead of 40mph the cortex doesn't support removal of it?

any input would be helpful in this matter. i am happy with the cortex but i just want to make sure i am getting full functionality out of the product.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
According to Superchips, there are many Titan models that do not have a WOT restriction. Depending on the ECU code, the tuner determines if there is a restriction or not. If your ECU code has no restriction, then you won't have an option to disable it. You can data log your throttle position sensor to determine if it is fully open at WOT from a standing start. They use percentage for measuring this, and 80% is a fully opened throttle on a Titan. A fully open throttle will read 4 volts, but the percentage displayed is based on a 5 volt system, so 80% of 5 volts = 4 volts.

Reactions: asher

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Superchips, there are many Titan models that do not have a WOT restriction. Depending on the ECU code, the tuner determines if there is a restriction or not. If your ECU code has no restriction, then you won't have an option to disable it. You can data log your throttle position sensor to determine if it is fully open at WOT from a standing start. They use percentage for measuring this, and 80% is a fully opened throttle on a Titan. A fully open throttle will read 4 volts, but the percentage displayed is based on a 5 volt system, so 80% of 5 volts = 4 volts.
excellent stuff sudden, and i appreciate your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts