Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running a 1.5" leveling kit currently on my 08 4x4 CC. In desperate need of new tires, and considering 33x12.5-18's on my bedlined factory 5 spoke wheels.

I dont have the wife talked into my 6" PC lift yet, but I am hoping it will happen soon.

My question is - should I spend the money on 33's or try and hold off for 35's - which MAY never happen?

Do 33s look OK under a 6" lift?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ive seen it and it looks ok just doesn't full out the wheel wells a much. The 35s look perfect underneath the pc lift tho. IMO if youre going to upgrade to a 6 in lift go for the 35s. Just my opinion tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

Reactions: borobulker

·
Registered
947 Posts
You'll regret going with 33's

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You wont have issues with rubbing if you have the 33s, Ive got the 6 inch and have had little rubbing on new sets of 35 inch tires. I've actually got the front lift spacer for the pc lift for sale right now. I'm not sure how much money you can save by buying the pieces separately, but if you can, i've got the front spacers with the endlinks and my stock shocks off my 07 for 100 shipped right now. Goodluck with everything!

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I would go with 35's . Do it right the first time ...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go with 35's . Do it right the first time ...
Thanks guys... I am just going to be playing hell to get the PC lift approved...

I would need new wheels for 35s, correct?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks guys... I am just going to be playing hell to get the PC lift approved...

I would need new wheels for 35s, correct?
Lol. More money. Per the specs on the nitto trail grapplers that I have the smallest with you can have is 8.5. Ur stocks are 18x8. Maybe somebody else can chime in on this. I really don't know if you can pull off the stocks with that tire size.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol. More money. Per the specs on the nitto trail grapplers that I have the smallest with you can have is 8.5. Ur stocks are 18x8. Maybe somebody else can chime in on this. I really don't know if you can pull off the stocks with that tire size.

haha of course not!

This dream may be farther and farther away!

·
Registered
519 Posts
haha of course not!

This dream may be farther and farther away!
You'll be fine. There are guys on here that are 325/65-18 (35 x 13.5) on stock rims.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah you don't need new wheels.

Reactions: Book0825

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
you decide...

procomp w/ 33"s

35"s

and you'll be fine w/ 35x12.50 on stock rims. my stockers are only 7.5" wide and tt member foxdelta had 37x13.5x17 Toyo MTs on these rims (off road editions).

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you decide...

procomp w/ 33"s

35"s

and you'll be fine w/ 35x12.50 on stock rims. my stockers are only 7.5" wide and tt member foxdelta had 37x13.5x17 Toyo MTs on these rims (off road editions).
Coming from someone who has owned both - would you submit the few MPG, etc. for the 35's over the 33's?

What is your opinion?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Coming from someone who has owned both - would you submit the few MPG, etc. for the 35's over the 33's?

What is your opinion?
I don't really keep track of MPG, driving habits play a bigger role for me vs mods tho. I'm pretty sure the 35"s affect it but it's minimal, maybe 1-2 MPG. For me, the look of the 35" trump any "benefit" of running a 33".

·
Registered
519 Posts
I don't "see" a huge difference between 33's and 35's. Most 35's are not that big anyways most are right around 34.3 to 34.6.

And to the guy worried about MPG's probably shouldn't have gotten a truck and shouldn't be thinking about 35's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am certainly not concerned with a few MPG with my Titan (+/- a few MPG still = suck, haha), and understand where you guys are coming from with your suggestions.

I appreciate it!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am certainly not concerned with a few MPG with my Titan (+/- a few MPG still = suck, haha), and understand where you guys are coming from with your suggestions.

I appreciate it!
Sorry I was drinking rum and it puts me in a smartass kinda mood. Guys have reported going from 16&17 MPG's down to 10&11 MPG's. Food for thought.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts